Correcting display on Digital Temp Control

Old October 18th 04, 04:31 AM
Jes

Default Correcting display on Digital Temp Control

Hello All,
Winter is nearly here. (In near Chicago)
You have been a big help in troubleshooting some problems I've had in the
past and for that I'd like to thank you.

Right now, I have another problem.
I own a 1989 Chrysler newyorker with a 3.0 and Auto Climate control.
Normally when you adjust the temperature, the display reads in farenheit.
(i.e. 70º, 79º, 80º etc)

One day, out of the sky blue, I was driving and went to turn on the heat and
all of a sudden, it started reading at what looked to be Celsius (25º, 26º,
27º etc)

Can anyone tell me what I can do to correct this or do I need to replace the
climate control?

Thank you,

Jesse

Old October 20th 04, 01:42 AM
mic canic

somewhere on the unit is a button that will switch it off metric

Old October 20th 04, 01:42 AM
mic canic

Old October 20th 04, 06:52 AM
Magiel Venema

Keep it in Celsius! That's what the normal world does.
Old October 20th 04, 06:52 AM
Magiel Venema

Keep it in Celsius! That's what the normal world does.
Old October 20th 04, 06:37 PM
maxpower

No dont get another one, Been along time since i worked on that yr chrysler
but there is a certain way to change it back off of celcius, but pushing 2
bottons on the display, if you have an owners manual it will tell you how to
do it, if i remember when i go into work tommorro i will look it up for you.
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech
m...

Old October 20th 04, 06:37 PM
maxpower

No dont get another one, Been along time since i worked on that yr chrysler
but there is a certain way to change it back off of celcius, but pushing 2
bottons on the display, if you have an owners manual it will tell you how to
do it, if i remember when i go into work tommorro i will look it up for you.
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech
m...

Old October 20th 04, 07:52 PM
Jes

Glenn,
I have the owners manuals and see no mention of how to change it back to
US/Farenheight. If you could look it up and email me back, I'd really
appreciate it.

Thank you,

Jesse

Old October 20th 04, 07:52 PM
Jes

Old October 23rd 04, 09:03 PM
mic canic

if the rest of the world was normal they would find it easier to get
along then to murder people just for breathing