94 Caravan - fuel pump won't run

Old December 19th 04, 03:36 AM
SN

> Grounds are good, but no power on pin 3 with key on.
>
> Bingo. No power to the SBEC. (Did you check your O2 sensor wires for
> shorting?)
>

> > Also, found a little corrsion on 2 pins at the firewall connector, and
> > more when I pulled the boot back. Cleaned them up, but made no
> > difference. Where does the red and white wire for pin 3 go?

> Oof. I don't have '94 minivan wiring diagrams. Start a-followin' it back
> until you come to the problem (probably a burnt fuselink)
>
> Unfortunately, the fuselinks are within the bundle.

I agree with D.S., trace the Red/White wire back to the battery. Looking at
the 1991 wiring diagram, I'll bet it's very similar with the possible
exception of a fuse instead of a fusible link. It should be powered at all
times, not just when the ignition is on. The diagram shows that pin #3 has a
red/white wire that goes back to a 22 gauge white fusible link, then changes
to a 10 gauge red, then to a junction at a 6 gauge black (battery feed).
Trace it back and find where you're loosing continuity.

Old December 19th 04, 04:58 PM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004, aarcuda69062 wrote:

> It may have been mentioned already, but I can't find it in the
> old posts. Which engine is in this thing?

He's got the Mitsu 3.0
Old December 19th 04, 04:58 PM
Daniel J. Stern

Old December 19th 04, 05:34 PM

aarcuda69062 wrote:

> I'll print the wiring diagram and post which pins have battery
> voltage and which pins are powered by the ignition switch.
>
> But I need to know which engine for your benefit so you don't go
> on a wild goose chase.

It's the 3.0 V6, 2WD.

Thanks for the help.

KC

Old December 19th 04, 05:34 PM

aarcuda69062 wrote:

> I'll print the wiring diagram and post which pins have battery
> voltage and which pins are powered by the ignition switch.
>
> But I need to know which engine for your benefit so you don't go
> on a wild goose chase.

It's the 3.0 V6, 2WD.

Thanks for the help.

KC

Old December 20th 04, 02:13 PM

aarcuda69062 wrote:

> Okay, a 3.0 it is...
> Pin 3 gets 12 volt battery feed via the 15 amp 'engine' fuse in
> the underhood power distribution center.
> This should be 12 volts all the time.
>
> Pin 9 is 12 volts ignition feed (ignition switched) via the 10
> amp #16 fuse in the instrument panel fuse block.
> This should be 12 volts with the ignition in the start or run
> position.
>
> Pins 11 and 12 are power grounds.

It's supposed to be above 5 degrees this evening, so I'll try to get
back to it. I seem to remember at least 2 other pins being switched
12V, though - maybe like 31-32, or 32-33? It sounds like pin 3 is the
problem child, though.

KC