'03 T&C automatic air ?

Old November 4th 04, 12:45 PM
Zork

Default '03 T&C automatic air ?

Have a '03 T&C Limited with the auto air temp feature(?)
If it is set to 'auto' and the temp is set to say 72 or
so......if heat is called for, it blasts on and reaches
gosh knows what temp....HOT. If AC is called for, it blasts
cold and drops to COLD. Is the set temp just a number to
make me, the consumer, feel good about about all these
fancy features that doesn't really work ? The dealer finds
no problem.
And that doesn't even address the question of setting the
temps different between driver and passenger. No matter
what the setting(s) or the degree of diferential,basically the
air from the vents on each side is the same. What kind of
diferential should I be able to achieve ?
Maybe I am just expecting to much.....
Zork

Old November 4th 04, 03:02 PM
Art

Climate control on my 300M is outstanding. If dealer says yours is working
like all others, ask to check another on the lot to be sure.

Old November 4th 04, 03:02 PM
Art

Old November 5th 04, 02:56 AM
mic canic

not to sound disrespectful but read the owners manual first to make sure
you are not missing something then take it bac in

Old November 5th 04, 02:56 AM
mic canic

Old November 5th 04, 07:46 AM
Joe

I've had several, and they all adjust to exactly the set temperature (at the
vent) when they have the car heated or cooled. They always come on and work
hard at the beginning (because they have to) but of course in they winter
that can't happen. You don't have any heat at all for about 10 minutes after
a cold start.

Sounds like you've been driving this thing 2 years and it's never worked
right. I don't think I have heard about this particular mode of failure, so
it may be that you expect too much. I always say it's one of those things
that depends on your mentality. My wife used to get in my car and set it on
60 or 90 (the opposite of your problem). I leave it on 72 all the time.
After she got her own, she learned to leave hers alone.

Old November 5th 04, 07:46 AM
Joe

A6 1.9 TDi Automatic OiS Audi 0 November 23rd 04 10:21 PM
e36 automatic air conditioning controls Q boy BMW 2 October 15th 04 12:08 AM
e36 automatic air conditioning controls Q boy BMW 0 October 14th 04 06:30 PM
Anyone want to buy my 95 M3 (Automatic)? LeonErin1 BMW 0 September 23rd 04 01:19 PM