2004 Town and Country Missing on cyl 3

Old January 23rd 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Everett Cotton

Default 2004 Town and Country Missing on cyl 3

I have a 2004 3.3 Town and Country with just under 36000 miles. My
wife came in tonight with the engine lite lit. I read the code and it
was PO 303 cylinder 3 misfiring. I know that it could be a plug, plug
wire or something to do with the ignition. Maby fuel system??. Wonder
what the most likely problem would be. Any help would be appricated.

Thanks in advance

EVerett Cotton

Old January 23rd 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
yappy

I had the same problem with my 2004 3.8 Town and Country.(65k miles)
Replaced the plugs and wires w/ bosch Plus2 platnium plugs and bosck wire.
Big difference...now engine is really smooth.

Old January 23rd 07, 10:48 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jdoe[_1_]

It could be anything. An injector, plug wire, plug, coil, etc. You could
shotgun it but IIRC correctly there is a TSB on this issue with 04's.
Perhaps Glen Beasly can chip in here. Whatever you do ignore the claims of
all the fancy plugs and wires promising miracles. Stay with oem overall
better.

Old January 23rd 07, 05:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Richard

"Replaced the plugs and wires w/ bosch Plus2 platnium plugs"

Wrong plugs. For the 3.8 Chrysler and Champion provide three options. The
dual platinum, a fine wire dual platinum or the fine wire Iridium (also a
platinum design). The Bosch is merely a single platinum dispite the "2"
designation and will wear out very fast in half of the cylinders into which
it is installed. This is more than mere theory. The basic dual plat from
Champion is currently the OEM plug. If if runs fine and the milage stays up
don't pull the Bosch plugs, just note this for the future.

Richard.

Old January 23rd 07, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"jdoe" > wrote in message
m...
> It could be anything. An injector, plug wire, plug, coil, etc. You could
> shotgun it but IIRC correctly there is a TSB on this issue with 04's.
> Perhaps Glen Beasly can chip in here. Whatever you do ignore the claims of
> all the fancy plugs and wires promising miracles. Stay with oem overall
> better.
> "Everett Cotton" > wrote in message
> >I have a 2004 3.3 Town and Country with just under 36000 miles. My
> > wife came in tonight with the engine lite lit. I read the code and it
> > was PO 303 cylinder 3 misfiring. I know that it could be a plug, plug
> > wire or something to do with the ignition. Maby fuel system??. Wonder
> > what the most likely problem would be. Any help would be appricated.
> >

> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > EVerett Cotton

There is a TSB that addresses such a problem. Replacing plugs and wires and
possibly reflashing the PCM.

Glenn

Old January 24th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Everett Cotton

Default 2004 Town and Country Missing on cyl 3 " Problem Solved "

Took the Van to the Chrysler Dealer and they replaced the plugs and
spark plug wiring. Runs smooth again. Thanks for the good replys.

Everett

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:23:30 -0500, Everett Cotton

Old January 25th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

at least once a week i have to replace bosch platuim plugs that a customer has
put in themselfs because they foul out /misfire and it does not matter what
kind of car there are in from a honda to gm to fords

Old January 25th 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
philthy[_1_]

is that the tsb you told me a while back that did not exist???