What exactly is "left lane blocking"?

Old March 31st 05, 10:05 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
.. .

> One can always speed up,or wait until the faster traffic has passed.

Or the driver behind can wait. Or rear-end me, in which case I collect cash
and they go directly to jail.

> You just KEEP trying to invent exceptions to STKR.
> In the end,you just revert to "MFFY,I'm gonna block you anyways."
> You KNOW you're screwing up traffic flow.

Breathe, Jim--you're working yourself into a lather

Old March 31st 05, 10:08 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
.. .
> "Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
> k.net:
>
>> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
>> .. .
>>
>>> Maybe he's an old fart and no longer has the reflexes to drive at
>>> speed,and
>>> compensates with stubbornness.

>> You're older than me, Jim. But if someone is trying to push me into
>> doing something dangerous that I don't want to do, you can bet dollars
>> to donuts I'm stubborn. Tell me you aren't the same. >

> But LLBing -IS- "doing something dangerous",and that is exactly what you
> are doing by not STKR. Blocking faster traffic IS LLBing,undesirable,and
> creating a worse hazard than "speeding".

You're stuck on this "No one gets to use the passing lane but me" mindset.
That's no skin off my nose.

> The real key is,in your own words "that I don't want to do".

I don't want to enable bullies; you're right there.

> You're gonna do what you want regardless of what's right,the law,or just
> courtesy.

Change the word "regardless" to "because" and you'll have it right as far as
I'm concerned.

Old March 31st 05, 10:09 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
.. .

> "SLOWER traffic keep right".

What's this STKR term you keep mentioning? What are you talking about?

Old March 31st 05, 10:15 AM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
.. .

> From all your posts,you are just another wanna-be traffic "enforcer".

You've constructed this nice little compartment for yourself, Jim: "Skip is
a wanna-be cop; he hogs the passing lane and won't let anyone pass no matter
what."

I realize that by doing so you've brought yourself comfort in a harsh and
confusing world, and I'm happy for you. The facts don't matter to you.
That's cool.

You still aren't going to make me hasten my pass just so you can dash off
down the freeway at 90. The freeway belongs to us all and you're breaking
more laws by speeding and tailgating than I am by legally passing another
car. Like the man said, it's called traffic. Look it up.

But you have a scapegoat now, so you can draw comfort from that.

Old March 31st 05, 04:54 PM
Brent P

In article et>, Skip Elliott Bowman wrote:
> You still aren't going to make me hasten my pass just so you can dash off
> down the freeway at 90. The freeway belongs to us all and you're breaking
> more laws by speeding and tailgating than I am by legally passing another
> car. Like the man said, it's called traffic. Look it up.

You driving 40mph down a 2 lane road, 100ft in front of you is a
bicyclist (@~20mph) in what I consider a correct location in the lane. You
can pass him safely without leaving the lane. 500ft in front of the
bicyclist is a bridge where the road narrows and it is unsafe to pass in
the same lane. There is nobody else traveling in your direction on the
road, but the oncoming lane is quite packed preventing you from using
it. (Assume it's the afternoon rush and you're going the opposite
direction)

Now the bicyclist moves into the center of the lane, blocking you from
passing, even though the reason for taking the lane is still 500ft ahead
of him, and you would pass him before he reached it. Instead of letting
you go by with no delay to himself, he's chosen to pull out and force you
to slow to his speed.

How do you feel about the bicyclist's "driving"?

Same situation, except the bicyclist is 5ft from bridge and it's short
so he's over the bridge and back to the right before you reach him.
How do you feel about the bicyclist's "driving"?

Third variant, no bridge, 4 lane road. There is someone driving slower
(15mph) than the bicyclist in the right lane. (city traffic, you're doing
30mph, bicyclist is doing 22mph) You are in the left lane. As you are
nearing the bicyclist, he changes lanes in front of you and you have to
slow to 22mph while the bicyclist completes his pass. What do you think
of the bicyclist's "driving" ?

Old March 31st 05, 05:04 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> In article et>, Skip
> Elliott Bowman wrote:
>> You still aren't going to make me hasten my pass just so you can dash off
>> down the freeway at 90. The freeway belongs to us all and you're
>> breaking
>> more laws by speeding and tailgating than I am by legally passing another
>> car. Like the man said, it's called traffic. Look it up.

> You driving 40mph down a 2 lane road, 100ft in front of you is a
> bicyclist (@~20mph) in what I consider a correct location in the lane. You
> can pass him safely without leaving the lane. 500ft in front of the
> bicyclist is a bridge where the road narrows and it is unsafe to pass in
> the same lane. There is nobody else traveling in your direction on the
> road, but the oncoming lane is quite packed preventing you from using
> it. (Assume it's the afternoon rush and you're going the opposite
> direction)
>
> Now the bicyclist moves into the center of the lane, blocking you from
> passing, even though the reason for taking the lane is still 500ft ahead
> of him, and you would pass him before he reached it. Instead of letting
> you go by with no delay to himself, he's chosen to pull out and force you
> to slow to his speed.

> How do you feel about the bicyclist's "driving"?

I wonder why he did that: either there are obstructions like broken glass or
whatnot the bicyclist saw that I didn't, or he just likes to control traffic
behind him. Not much I can do about it either way.

> Same situation, except the bicyclist is 5ft from bridge and it's short
> so he's over the bridge and back to the right before you reach him.
> How do you feel about the bicyclist's "driving"?

I hardly even notice him.

> Third variant, no bridge, 4 lane road. There is someone driving slower
> (15mph) than the bicyclist in the right lane. (city traffic, you're doing
> 30mph, bicyclist is doing 22mph) You are in the left lane. As you are
> nearing the bicyclist, he changes lanes in front of you and you have to
> slow to 22mph while the bicyclist completes his pass. What do you think
> of the bicyclist's "driving" ?

No problem.

Old March 31st 05, 05:18 PM
Jim Yanik

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
ink.net:

> "Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
>
> Of course, there is a sizeable percentage who are
>> like Skip and pull out on purpose because they don't give a ****.

> You must have pulled this assumption out of your arse, Scott.

IMO,no.All your posts here have been very clear on this.
You said you're going do what you want and don't care if it adversely
affects a faster car,justifying it by their breaking the posted speed
limit.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 05:22 PM
Jim Yanik

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
ink.net:

> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
> .. .
>
>> One can always speed up,or wait until the faster traffic has passed.

> Or the driver behind can wait.

Again,-your- unjustified MFFY behavior.

But they have the priority due to STKR,which you are not following.
You are interfering with the traffic flow of faster vehicles.That is what
STKR prohibits.

> Or rear-end me, in which case I
> collect cash and they go directly to jail.

Or run you off the road,where you may not collect anything except a casket.
(road rage,a reason WHY there's a STKR rule))

>> You just KEEP trying to invent exceptions to STKR.
>> In the end,you just revert to "MFFY,I'm gonna block you anyways."
>> You KNOW you're screwing up traffic flow.

> Breathe, Jim--you're working yourself into a lather

I note you don't deny it.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 05:26 PM
Jim Yanik

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
ink.net:

> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
>> k.net:
>>
>>> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
>>> .. .

>>> You're older than me, Jim. But if someone is trying to push me into
>>> doing something dangerous that I don't want to do, you can bet
>>> dollars to donuts I'm stubborn. Tell me you aren't the same. >

>> But LLBing -IS- "doing something dangerous",and that is exactly what
>> you are doing by not STKR. Blocking faster traffic IS
>> LLBing,undesirable,and creating a worse hazard than "speeding".

> You're stuck on this "No one gets to use the passing lane but me"
> mindset.

That is untrue;Faster traffic gets to use the passing lane first.
That is what STKR -is-.

> That's no skin off my nose.
>
>> The real key is,in your own words "that I don't want to do".

> I don't want to enable bullies; you're right there.

But following STKR is NOT "enabling bullies",one is not a bully just by
being faster than you,or faster than the posted limit.
The "Bully" would be the one BLOCKING faster traffic;YOU.

>> You're gonna do what you want regardless of what's right,the law,or
>> just courtesy.

> Change the word "regardless" to "because" and you'll have it right as
> far as I'm concerned.

Again,you're wrong.
To be right,you would have to follow SLOWER traffic keep right.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 31st 05, 05:28 PM
Jim Yanik

"Skip Elliott Bowman" > wrote in
ink.net:

> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
> .. .
>
>> "SLOWER traffic keep right".

> What's this STKR term you keep mentioning? What are you talking about?

Are you vision-impaired too? Maybe that's why you have such a problem with
STKR.

S lower T raffic K eep R ight

(IOW,no LLBing)

--