What exactly is "left lane blocking"?

Old March 26th 05, 02:24 PM
Jim Yanik

"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in
:

> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in
>> :

>> > [snip...]

>> > Valid reasons are fuel economy (especially with rising gas prices)
>> > and, of course, compliance with speed laws.
>> >

>> Including SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT.
>>

> And Jim, where I drive, the only places I see actual "Slower Traffic
> Keep Right" signs are on steep grades (e.g., 6% grade or more) with an
> extra slow lane that opens up until the steep grade levels off. That
> includes single lane roads (in each direction, divided by a
> double-yellow line or median) that open up to two lanes, as well as
> four lane interstates (in each direction) that open up to five lanes,
> for those steep grade portions of road.

So you believe those are the only places the rule(law?) is valid?

On I-4 in the central Florida region,those signs are common,on ordinary
interstate hwys,not just at steep grades.(are there any in FL?)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 26th 05, 02:29 PM
Jim Yanik

"Harry K" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Jim Yanik wrote:
>> "Harry K" > wrote in
>> oups.com:

> force
>> > me

> keep

>> > possible

> (and
>> > the
>> > MFFY

>> > slow

> before,
>> > got

> time.

>> > brake(change

>> > SOS, same question, same dodge and same no answer to the question.
>> > As to the STKR I told you to run it by various authorities if you
>> > didn't believe me...you didn't.
>> >
>> > Harry K
>> >

>> It's your assertion,you provide the cite.
>> Don't expect me to do your homework for you.
>>
>> --
>> Jim Yanik
>> jyanik
>> at
>> kua.net

> Huh?? YOU claim STKR applies while I am pssing. Up up to YOU to
> provide the cite if you need one.
>
> Harry K

copied from above text;

HK;
STKR does not
apply while I am passing

JY;
SAYS WHO? It applies ALL the time.
Let's see a cite on that.

So,YOU made the assertion that it does not apply while you are passing,so
YOU need to provide a cite to support it.

sloth passing is just another form of LLBing.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 26th 05, 02:37 PM
DYM

Scott en Aztlán > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 03:56:16 GMT, Arif Khokar >
> wrote:
>>
>>My answer is that you should complete the pass before the other car
>>catches up to you. The easiest way to do that without having to

wait
>>for a long time is to either match or exceed the speed of the

vehicle
>>behind you. Then, after completing your pass, slow down to your
>>previous cruising speed.

> As simple as this is to do, there are people out there who flat out
> refuse to touch their gas pedal. They set their cruise control and
> that's it. I don't understand what the objection is, but it's

obvious
> that it exists.

Maybe they don't want to exceed the speed limit?

DYM
Old March 26th 05, 02:50 PM
Harry K

<more snippo>

> > Huh?? YOU claim STKR applies while I am pssing. Up up to YOU to
> > provide the cite if you need one.
> >
> > Harry K
> >

> copied from above text;
>
> HK;
> STKR does not
> apply while I am passing
> > >>

> JY;
> SAYS WHO? It applies ALL the time.
> Let's see a cite on that.
>
> So,YOU made the assertion that it does not apply while you are

passing,so
> YOU need to provide a cite to support it.
>
> sloth passing is just another form of LLBing.
>

> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net

Jim, you are getting too desperate to continue this. Nice twist, you
insist STKR applies. Using your logic, persons in the right lane can
never pass and Since when is passing with a 10mph differential 'sloth
passing'?

When you answer the question that I have posed at least twice and
prodded you several more times. I will continue this.

Harry K

Old March 26th 05, 05:59 PM
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

"Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
.. .
> "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in
> :
>
> > "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
> > .. .
> >> "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in
> >> :

> >> Including SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT.
> >>

> > And Jim, where I drive, the only places I see actual "Slower Traffic
> > Keep Right" signs are on steep grades (e.g., 6% grade or more) with an
> > extra slow lane that opens up until the steep grade levels off. That
> > includes single lane roads (in each direction, divided by a
> > double-yellow line or median) that open up to two lanes, as well as
> > four lane interstates (in each direction) that open up to five lanes,
> > for those steep grade portions of road.
> >

> So you believe those are the only places the rule(law?) is valid?
>
> On I-4 in the central Florida region,those signs are common,on ordinary
> interstate hwys,not just at steep grades.(are there any in FL?)

Well, in California, there is the Basic Speed Law. Speed at your own risk,
and from my own driving observations, it's really stupid to speed over
80mph.

Of course, anyone who isn't passing traffic and also driving below the speed
limit in the leftmost lane is unequivocally an LLB.

Old March 26th 05, 07:56 PM
Skip Elliott Bowman

"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in message
> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
>> > .. .

>> > And Jim, where I drive, the only places I see actual "Slower Traffic
>> > Keep Right" signs are on steep grades (e.g., 6% grade or more) with an
>> > extra slow lane that opens up until the steep grade levels off. That
>> > includes single lane roads (in each direction, divided by a
>> > double-yellow line or median) that open up to two lanes, as well as
>> > four lane interstates (in each direction) that open up to five lanes,
>> > for those steep grade portions of road.
>> >

>> So you believe those are the only places the rule(law?) is valid?
>>
>> On I-4 in the central Florida region,those signs are common,on ordinary
>> interstate hwys,not just at steep grades.(are there any in FL?)
>>

> Well, in California, there is the Basic Speed Law. Speed at your own risk,
> and from my own driving observations, it's really stupid to speed over
> 80mph.
>
> Of course, anyone who isn't passing traffic and also driving below the
> speed
> limit in the leftmost lane is unequivocally an LLB.

These STKR and KRETP signs are all up and down I-5; at least to the
California border. Every ten miles or so, including flat wide terrain. In
the fine print on the sign, though, it says "If you're an LLB, don't worry.
This law doesn't apply to you personally."

Old March 27th 05, 03:30 AM
Jim Yanik

"Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in
:

> "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> > "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
>> > .. .

>> > And Jim, where I drive, the only places I see actual "Slower
>> > Traffic Keep Right" signs are on steep grades (e.g., 6% grade or
>> > more) with an extra slow lane that opens up until the steep grade
>> > levels off. That includes single lane roads (in each direction,
>> > divided by a double-yellow line or median) that open up to two
>> > lanes, as well as four lane interstates (in each direction) that
>> > open up to five lanes, for those steep grade portions of road.
>> >

>> So you believe those are the only places the rule(law?) is valid?
>>
>> On I-4 in the central Florida region,those signs are common,on
>> ordinary interstate hwys,not just at steep grades.(are there any in
>> FL?)
>>

> Well, in California, there is the Basic Speed Law. Speed at your own
> risk, and from my own driving observations, it's really stupid to
> speed over 80mph.
>
> Of course, anyone who isn't passing traffic and also driving below the
> speed limit in the leftmost lane is unequivocally an LLB.

Even if they are driving the speed limit,they can be LLB's.
Driving the speed limit does not entitle one to block the passing lane.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 27th 05, 03:36 AM
Jim Yanik

"Harry K" > wrote in
ups.com:

><more snippo>
>
>> > Huh?? YOU claim STKR applies while I am pssing. Up up to YOU to
>> > provide the cite if you need one.
>> >
>> > Harry K
>> >

>> copied from above text;
>>
>> HK;
>> STKR does not
>> apply while I am passing
>> > >>

>> JY;
>> SAYS WHO? It applies ALL the time.
>> Let's see a cite on that.
>>
>> So,YOU made the assertion that it does not apply while you are

> passing,so
>> YOU need to provide a cite to support it.
>>
>> sloth passing is just another form of LLBing.
>>

>> --
>> Jim Yanik
>> jyanik
>> at
>> kua.net

> Jim, you are getting too desperate to continue this. Nice twist, you
> insist STKR applies. Using your logic, persons in the right lane can
> never

"never"???

> pass and Since when is passing with a 10mph differential 'sloth
> passing'?

At first you were saying FIVE mph.Now you've changed it to 10 mph.

> When you answer the question that I have posed at least twice and
> prodded you several more times. I will continue this.
>
> Harry K

You still need to provide that cite to support your own statement;
"STKR does not apply while I am passing".

You can't,because it is NOT TRUE.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 27th 05, 03:40 AM
Harry K

Jim Yanik wrote:
> "Harry K" > wrote in
> ups.com:
>

> ><more snippo>

> >> copied from above text;
> >>
> >> HK;
> >> STKR does not
> >> apply while I am passing
> >> > >>
> >> JY;
> >> SAYS WHO? It applies ALL the time.
> >> Let's see a cite on that.
> >>
> >> So,YOU made the assertion that it does not apply while you are

> > passing,so
> >> YOU need to provide a cite to support it.
> >>
> >> sloth passing is just another form of LLBing.
> >>

> >> --
> >> Jim Yanik
> >> jyanik
> >> at
> >> kua.net

> > Jim, you are getting too desperate to continue this. Nice twist,

you
> > insist STKR applies. Using your logic, persons in the right lane

can
> > never

> "never"???
>
> > pass and Since when is passing with a 10mph differential 'sloth
> > passing'?

> At first you were saying FIVE mph.Now you've changed it to 10 mph.

You want to go back and show where I ever said 5mph??

Answer the question

Harry K

Old March 27th 05, 03:42 AM
Harry K

Jim Yanik wrote:
> "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in
> :
>
> > "Jim Yanik" .> wrote in message
> > .. .
> >> "Daniel W. Rouse Jr." > wrote in
> >> :

message

flat

grade

> >> So you believe those are the only places the rule(law?) is valid?
> >>
> >> On I-4 in the central Florida region,those signs are common,on
> >> ordinary interstate hwys,not just at steep grades.(are there any

in
> >> FL?)
> >>

> > Well, in California, there is the Basic Speed Law. Speed at your

own
> > risk, and from my own driving observations, it's really stupid to
> > speed over 80mph.
> >
> > Of course, anyone who isn't passing traffic and also driving below

the
> > speed limit in the leftmost lane is unequivocally an LLB.
> >

> Even if they are driving the speed limit,they can be LLB's.
> Driving the speed limit does not entitle one to block the passing

lane.
>=20
> --=20
> Jim Yanik