1993 Chrysler 3.0L V6 water pump question

Old March 18th 07, 12:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
exiledtiger

Default 1993 Chrysler 3.0L V6 water pump question

We've been rebuilding the 3L V6 engine in a 93 Plymouth Duster
(Sundance). While putting it back together, there are 3 threaded holes
close together that I don't seem to have a part for. Standing so
you're looking at the front of the engine, one of the holes is on top
of the water pump, the other two are slightly to the left, on the
alternator bracket. Looking at a friends car with the same engine, it
looks like it is just a bracket that connects those three holes -
nothing else seems mounted there. Kind of hard to see as the
thermostat housing is right above the hole in the water pump, so
looking at an assembled engine only helps a little.

Anyone know for sure what goes here?

(It does appear that the hole on top of the water pump goes into the
coolant chamber - I've dripped water into this hole and it doesn't
fill up, so the water must be going somewhere.)

Old March 18th 07, 10:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
maxpower

"exiledtiger" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> We've been rebuilding the 3L V6 engine in a 93 Plymouth Duster
> (Sundance). While putting it back together, there are 3 threaded holes
> close together that I don't seem to have a part for. Standing so
> you're looking at the front of the engine, one of the holes is on top
> of the water pump, the other two are slightly to the left, on the
> alternator bracket. Looking at a friends car with the same engine, it
> looks like it is just a bracket that connects those three holes -
> nothing else seems mounted there. Kind of hard to see as the
> thermostat housing is right above the hole in the water pump, so
> looking at an assembled engine only helps a little.
>
> Anyone know for sure what goes here?
>
> (It does appear that the hole on top of the water pump goes into the
> coolant chamber - I've dripped water into this hole and it doesn't
> fill up, so the water must be going somewhere.)

There is supposed to be a small bracket that attaches the upper water pump
assembly to the rear cylinder head. this requires 3-12mm bolts

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

96 chevy truck water pump replacement question carnut Technology 1 December 26th 06 08:15 PM
FA NOS water pump repair kit, 1933-1953, free water pump william_b_noble Dodge 0 October 16th 05 08:57 PM
1993 90 water on floors Fxrman80 Audi 4 August 31st 05 04:36 PM
Power steering pump removed. How do you hook up a water pump V belt? Dan Ford Mustang 2 August 24th 05 06:45 PM
E34 water pump Alex BMW 1 November 24th 04 11:20 PM