Some OK prices...

Old September 4th 09, 05:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default Some OK prices...

http://www.gomiata.com/

The price on the Westco battery seems pretty good if you need one, I
shopped around when I bought mine and think I had to pay a couple of
bucks more....

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 6th 09, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Ringo

On Sep 4, 9:45*am, XS11E > wrote:
> http://www.gomiata.com/
>
> The price on the Westco battery seems pretty good if you need one, I
> shopped around when I bought mine and think I had to pay a couple of
> bucks more....

> The Usenet Improvement Project:http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/

The last time I got a battery for mine, actually its' third cause I
took it back and exchanged it after 13 months is the Duralast, sold at
AutoZone. Now since it only gets fired up and run maybe once ever week
and 1/2 to two weeks, I keep a battery maintainer on mine year round.
Old September 6th 09, 09:51 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Ringo wrote:

> The last time I got a battery for mine, actually its' third cause I
> took it back and exchanged it after 13 months is the Duralast, sold at
> AutoZone. Now since it only gets fired up and run maybe once ever week
> and 1/2 to two weeks, I keep a battery maintainer on mine year round.

Ditto that.
Last battery replacement, I had the option of a Westco battery for about
$10.00 more than the Duralast.

If the Westco goes out, I have to order a new one and wait at least one
day for it to arrive, probably 2 or 3 days.
The Westco battery is warrantied on a pro-rate for 4 years, just over
half as long as the Duralast is covered for.

If the Duralast battery goes out before 7 years from the date of
purchase, I can get an immediate replacement and get a pro-rated refund
at many locations all over the country, with one of the locations being
less than 5 miles from my house.

It was an easy decision for me.
No shipping any heavy item back, and no having the car down while
waiting for a new battery to arrive.

The Duralast also seems to keep a charge longer than the Westco, though
I have never tested it scientifically.

Pat
Old September 6th 09, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

pws > wrote:

> It was an easy decision for me.

Me too, since no AutoZone store near me has a Duralast for the Miata
nor have they ever heard of such nor do many AutoZone employees speak
English (which adds even more complication), coupled with the fact that
the only battery I ever bought at AutoZone was defective....

The Usenet Improvement Project:
Old September 7th 09, 04:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

XS11E wrote:

> Me too, since no AutoZone store near me has a Duralast for the Miata

Are you sure about that? I didn't think they stocked it either, but
there it was, perfect size and with the vent hose connections and new
hoses included.
When I saw that I could save some money, receive a much superior
warranty, and put the battery in my car that day, even within the half
hour, I was sold.

> nor have they ever heard of such

Hard to believe that Austin has Phoenix beat in parts availability from
a major automotive chain store, but I will take your word for it.

> nor do many AutoZone employees speak English (which adds even more complication),

Don't you know that you should have learned Spanish long ago? What do
you think this is, an English-speaking country or something?

Push "1" if you want the recognized language in America to remain
English...... :-(

> coupled with the fact that the only battery I ever bought at AutoZone was defective....

They sell Duralast, at least every Austozone in Austin that I have been
to sells them.
Duralast is still a well-made battery, at least they have performed well
from my experience.

I have bought maybe 10 batteries, (8 to 12?) from Autozone over the
years for various cars from Miatas to Hondas to pickup trucks.
Not all of the batteries have been Duralast brand, one was simply
labeled, "Autozone".

Out of these, there was one dud and all the rest went strong for at
least 5 years each, usually more like 7 or 8 years, with some of them
still going after 8 years as far as I know.

Pat
Old September 27th 09, 04:16 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Well, my battery has been slowly 'going' over a period of probably 6 months
I could feel it turning the engine over slower and slower. Finally bit the
dust and you know what, I thing it was the original battery! That would be
10 years! I know it hasn't been changed in the 5 or so that I've owned it
and it was a Panasonic with some Mazda information stickers on it.

Anyway, as things go, I happened across this thread and it helped me make up
my mind. I went and picked up the Duralast a couple miles from my house and
got it in there. It was the same width but it was a bit less long and
(although I didn't pay close attention to this in the store), I think it's
just a bit taller! I had to hammer a bend into my hold-down strap to get it
to come across the top of the battery nicely. Odd! Also, gomiata.com did
have the Westco on sale for $99 which is a good price but the Duralast was
$10 cheaper and of course the previously mentioned warranty advantages make
it a no-brainer.

Chris
99BBB