My engine dies alot and I don't know why

Old April 15th 05, 05:20 PM
Bryan32005

Default My engine dies alot and I don't know why

My car has a promblem where the engine dies, but kind off in a
specail way. I don't know whats wrong with it. Like the check engine light
isn't on and when I scan the computer it didn't pop any codes that there's
anything wrong.

Like when I'm drivng the engine acts like it's going to die, but kicks
back on, like surges I guess. Than sometimes it totaly dies and the stering
wheel and brake locks up, I turn the car totaly off and start it agian and
then the engine works I could drive awille beore it dies again. It doesn't
have any problem at all starting up just the engine dies sometimes. LIek
soemtimes when I stop the car with the brake and switch to reverse it dies
and sometimes, maybe jsut becase I'm going slow than, when I drive too slow
it dies, and when a acclerate too much or drive too fast it dies. liek I
could drive for long time jsut going liek 20 miles per hour, but when I go
on the freeway for like an hour it will die like mabye 4 times. Some people
think it's like a engine sensor like CAsm or crank sensor which is fine,
they don't cost that much, but I can't afford to buy both of those and
other parts if it's not the right part. Oh, and sometimes it makes like a
pop sound when it dies. So I would apprecaite any information on this that
would help, at least it would be good to tell what it isn't so I could save
money not buying some parts I don't need. Thanx

Old April 15th 05, 06:02 PM
Mike Romain

Ok, I will get out the crystal ball and guess you drive???? With some
kind of a gas or diesel engine????

Or is it solar powered and you find a cloud?
;-)

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old April 16th 05, 12:57 AM
Professor

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. I would recommend a fuel pump
pressure and volume test.

Professor
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old April 18th 05, 03:41 PM
Brian Richmond via CarKB.com

I had an old Toyota Corolla which had similar problems. It had hesitation
and stalling which was very aggravating and was very dangerous when it
occurred on the highway at 100KM/Hr. It took me a long time to figure out
what was wrong but it was obvious (once I found it) and easily fixed. I
checked all the hoses and found that the one which allows recirculation of
exhaust gases into the engine had a rip in it. I used heat resistant
aluminum tape to fix it and the problem disappeared.
Old April 19th 05, 07:03 PM
Bryan32005

Thanx for talking about my car, don't know what mike was talking about. I
drive a Nissan Maxima 1992 SE it has a reaglur engine that takes regular
unleaded gas. I know about scaning the computer for codes, but it didn't
say that there wsa anything wrong with my car what other test can I do can
you tell me more about the fuel test or whatever you were taking about
profess

Old April 19th 05, 11:50 PM
Mike Romain

Knowing the year, engine, type of vehicle and the miles is really
important when trying to figure out a vehicle's problems. Some vehicles
and engines have really common problems.

I wasn't meaning to insult hence the wink. ;-) I was looking for more
info.

A dirty fuel filter can cause that.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old April 20th 05, 07:50 PM
Bryan32005

Oh ok, well it's a 1992 Nissan Maxima SE with like DOCH or whatever 3.0 v6
engine and it has alot miles like in the 200,000 mikle range. It's a 4
door car it's SE, but kind sporter it has like a spolier and stuff and the
guager are liek frosted or tind blue so I don't know if that's in all
version, but mine has it like that and it has like a doulbe muffle so
maybe it liek a sporter virin and it has lkie a sunroof power windows and
locks. The first 4 digits in the VIN # are JN1E like I guess it has a duel
overhead cam.

having difficulty removing engine mount bolt Bil Honda 0 October 25th 04 02:04 AM
Engine identification maxpower Chrysler 12 October 16th 04 01:56 PM
Engine identification BeeP Chrysler 0 October 10th 04 05:03 AM
Best Way to Clean Engine Derek White Dodge 0 June 8th 04 02:02 AM