New A4 Convertible?

Old May 24th 04, 04:11 PM
1996 Viper RT/10

Default New A4 Convertible?

Who here has owned an A4 Convertible?
Any problems? Anything to watch out for?
How comfortable for 4 full sized adults?

Thanks

Old June 10th 04, 10:54 PM
daytripper

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:47:23 GMT, "Larry Wallerstein" >
wrote:
>I just read that there will be an S4 Convertible for 2005 with a 340 hp
>V-8. Haven't heard about pricing in the USA. Write up was good.
>Don't know how many they build. If the back seat holds two adults
>comfortably, this vehicle is on my short list.

Well, it *is* a 4 series, after all. So define "comfortably"...
Old June 11th 04, 01:42 AM
Michael Burman

Larry Wallerstein wrote:
> I just read that there will be an S4 Convertible for 2005 with a 340 hp
> V-8. Haven't heard about pricing in the USA. Write up was good.
> Don't know how many they build. If the back seat holds two adults
> comfortably, this vehicle is on my short list.

Apparently you mean in the US market? After all, S4 Convertible is
already available in the Europe (and has been for a while).

- Yak
Old June 12th 04, 12:27 AM
Tha Ghee

"Michael Burman" > wrote in message
> Larry Wallerstein wrote:
> > I just read that there will be an S4 Convertible for 2005 with a 340 hp
> > V-8. Haven't heard about pricing in the USA. Write up was good.
> > Don't know how many they build. If the back seat holds two adults
> > comfortably, this vehicle is on my short list.

> Apparently you mean in the US market? After all, S4 Convertible is
> already available in the Europe (and has been for a while).
>
> - Yak

again, another car across the pond that will take years to get here or never
come. how does it compare to the M3 conv.??

Old June 12th 04, 04:15 AM
Paxton Krichmar

THE CAR IS HERE (in the US)!!! it has been here for almost 2 months.
It runs around $58K and is awesome.
Haven't driven the M3 Cab so I can't compare.

Old June 12th 04, 05:20 AM
Larry Wallerstein

Just read an article in a Brit mag saying that the S4 dives under breaking
because the weight balance of the car has been disturbed by the heavier V8
up front. They didn't like it.

Old June 13th 04, 12:30 AM
Adam Schwartz

In article <xzuyc.57444$tI2.13767@fed1read07>,
"Paxton Krichmar" > wrote:

> THE CAR IS HERE (in the US)!!! it has been here for almost 2 months.
> It runs around $58K and is awesome.
> Haven't driven the M3 Cab so I can't compare.

Yup - I just looked at Audi USA web site, and they have the S4 Cab - It
says it starts at $54.5k. Interesting. I might be interested in an S4
Coupe... Wonder if THAT is going to be...

But I am sticking with my MY2000 S4 for at least a few more years

-Adam