Z51 option?

Old April 20th 06, 01:23 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Default Z51 option?

Can anyone tell me what this option on a 2001 includes? I know about the
wider and thicker sway bars, is there anything else? My searches have not
turned up any help.

Thanks,
Mike

Old April 20th 06, 03:35 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Mike S" > wrote in message
et...
> Can anyone tell me what this option on a 2001 includes? I know about the
> wider and thicker sway bars, is there anything else? My searches have not
> turned up any help.
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Sway bars are of a larger diameter; stiffer, heavier spring rates front and
rear, stiffer shocks rates, and the automatic has the G92 3.15:1 rearend
ratio. There is an added cooler but I'm not sure if it's for the auto, power
steering, or engine oil, the C6 Z51 option has all three.

Dad

Old April 20th 06, 04:00 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:35:01 -0700, Dad > wrote:

> "Mike S" > wrote in message
> et...
>> Can anyone tell me what this option on a 2001 includes? I know about the
>> wider and thicker sway bars, is there anything else? My searches have
>> not
>> turned up any help.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Mike

> Sway bars are of a larger diameter; stiffer, heavier spring rates front
> and
> rear, stiffer shocks rates, and the automatic has the G92 3.15:1 rearend
> ratio. There is an added cooler but I'm not sure if it's for the auto,
> power
> steering, or engine oil, the C6 Z51 option has all three.
>
> Dad

Which brings up an interesting question. In the C5 and C6, how about the
subjective (meaning passenger seat-of-the-pants) ride experience for cars
with performance suspension?

If you can, compare to selective ride settings, and/or to Z51 v non-Z51
C4. By that I mean, my gf could rarely tell without peeking which setting
I was using (sport,touring, performance) in the '93, but when we borrowed
a Z51 '95 coupe for a caravan, she found it "teeth-rattling" (although, to
be fair, the '95 also had C5 rims and runflats).
--
Angelo
Old April 20th 06, 05:16 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

"Angelo de Mussi" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:35:01 -0700, Dad > wrote:
>
> Which brings up an interesting question. In the C5 and C6, how about the
> subjective (meaning passenger seat-of-the-pants) ride experience for cars
> with performance suspension?

Nearly the same, hard to tell the difference.

> If you can, compare to selective ride settings, and/or to Z51 v non-Z51
> C4. By that I mean, my gf could rarely tell without peeking which setting
> I was using (sport,touring, performance) in the '93, but when we borrowed
> a Z51 '95 coupe for a caravan, she found it "teeth-rattling" (although, to
> be fair, the '95 also had C5 rims and runflats).
> --
> Angelo

Select ride offered nothing on the '92 I had and drove 90K + and my teeth
never quit rattling. Add runflats to that and I wouldn't want to drive the
hog.

Dad

Old April 20th 06, 09:30 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

A good friend just bought a base coupe with the Z51 addition from Maxi
Price.
A wise purchase to me, no HUD, heated seats, yada yada.

The Z51 also has the drilled rotors. According to his car.

Dad wrote:

. net...

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
--------------------------------------
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

Old April 20th 06, 11:31 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

Thanks Dad, knew I could count on you.

Mike

Old April 21st 06, 05:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette

DOH! LOLOLOL

--
Ric Seyler
Online Racing: RicSeyler
GPL Handicap 6.35

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler
remove -SPAM- from email address
"Homer no function beer well without."
- H.J. Simpson

accord lx v6 option questions Drew Honda 0 February 3rd 06 02:04 PM
E46 option question Riggsy BMW 4 August 15th 05 11:33 PM
GM to drop Quadrasteer option C. E. White Technology 10 February 24th 05 12:15 AM
Does my 323i have hand free phone option? Dave In WA BMW 3 January 10th 05 09:55 PM
XM option, 3 or 5 series? Scott C BMW 1 December 3rd 04 02:31 PM