2004 BMW525i- triangle with snowflake above temp- ???

Old November 10th 04, 01:49 AM
KOS

Default 2004 BMW525i- triangle with snowflake above temp- ???

Hi, I have a 2004 525i that I just bought last week.
I have noticed that when I start the car, I get a small triangle with
a snowflake that appears above the temperature. Also a chime. I havent
seen this before. The temps are in the 30s here in the night, is it a
black ice freeze warning light?
Thanks!
KOS
Old November 10th 04, 02:08 AM
Jeff Strickland

Yes, that's it.

I forget exactly how the display goes, but it is kind of like this. When the
temp drops below 36F, you will get a chime, when it goes to 32F, the temp is
displayed and you get a chime.

m...

Old November 10th 04, 02:55 AM
fbloogyudsr

"Jeff Strickland" > wrote
> Yes, that's it.
>
> I forget exactly how the display goes, but it is kind of like this. When
> the
> temp drops below 36F, you will get a chime, when it goes to 32F, the temp
> is
> displayed and you get a chime.
>
> "KOS" > wrote
>> Hi, I have a 2004 525i that I just bought last week.
>> I have noticed that when I start the car, I get a small triangle with
>> a snowflake that appears above the temperature. Also a chime. I havent
>> seen this before. The temps are in the 30s here in the night, is it a
>> black ice freeze warning light?

3 degrees centigrade; about 37.5 degrees farenheight.

Floyd

Old November 10th 04, 01:53 PM
stuart harmes

"fbloogyudsr" > wrote in message >...
> "Jeff Strickland" > wrote
> > Yes, that's it.
> >
> > I forget exactly how the display goes, but it is kind of like this. When
> > the
> > temp drops below 36F, you will get a chime, when it goes to 32F, the temp
> > is
> > displayed and you get a chime.
> >
> > "KOS" > wrote
> >> Hi, I have a 2004 525i that I just bought last week.
> >> I have noticed that when I start the car, I get a small triangle with
> >> a snowflake that appears above the temperature. Also a chime. I havent
> >> seen this before. The temps are in the 30s here in the night, is it a
> >> black ice freeze warning light?

> 3 degrees centigrade; about 37.5 degrees farenheight.
>
> Floyd

I have just got the same car and you can change the display in the I
drive to show centigrade which is much easier. Don't forget you would
have to do this with each key because it remembers your settings. I am
very pleased with mine. Have you had any problems with yours?
Old November 10th 04, 05:34 PM
Jeff Strickland

"stuart harmes" > wrote in message
om...
> "fbloogyudsr" > wrote in message

> > "Jeff Strickland" > wrote
> > > Yes, that's it.
> > >
> > > I forget exactly how the display goes, but it is kind of like this.

When
> > > the
> > > temp drops below 36F, you will get a chime, when it goes to 32F, the

temp
> > > is
> > > displayed and you get a chime.
> > >
> > > "KOS" > wrote

havent

> > 3 degrees centigrade; about 37.5 degrees farenheight.
> >
> > Floyd

> I have just got the same car and you can change the display in the I
> drive to show centigrade which is much easier. Don't forget you would
> have to do this with each key because it remembers your settings. I am
> very pleased with mine. Have you had any problems with yours?

I gotta check, but I think you are in error. My car remembers if I have
pressed the button to display in °F or °C. Never mind, I have a different
car.

The system works the same, that is it will give a chime at about 37°, then
give another chime and display the temp at 32°. The idea is that at
somewhere around 37°F, there can be pockets of ice - particularly on bridges
or in the shade.