The Ultimate "Ricer Flyby"

Old March 5th 05, 04:28 PM
Michael

Default The Ultimate "Ricer Flyby"

Both of them are idiots. Honda driver for racing a bike and street
racing and bike rider for racing a Honda and street racing.

BTW, I drive a Honda... with an exhaust(not the trash-can type though),
am I a ricer?

Old March 5th 05, 09:19 PM
Michael

"Does it have stickers plastered all over it?"

Are you on crack?! HELL NO! Maybe I should do it, we all know that each
sticker gives you atleast 10 whp.

"Does it have an unpainted, picnic-table wing bolted to the trunk lid?"

Nope, just a stock Honda spoiler.

"Does it have a fugly, unpainted, and warped fiberglass "Shogun" front
end kit installed?"

Now I feel ofended...

"Or is it just a plain old stock Honda? "

Nope, it's lowered, has an exhaust and an intake. That's about it.
Unlike ricers, I know what I can/can't take on, I admit to my loses, I
VERY rarely street-race and my car doesn't look like an advertisement
billboard(for parts you don't even have on your car).

Old March 5th 05, 09:20 PM
Michael

By the way, don't those people realize that a picnic-table sized wing,
22" rims, kits etc. only slow you down?

Old March 7th 05, 12:56 AM
Old Wolf

Michael wrote:
> By the way, don't those people realize that a picnic-table sized

wing,
> 22" rims, kits etc. only slow you down?

Spoiler kits speed you up, by reducing parasitic drag.

Larger wheels only slow you down if they weigh more, eg. 20"
alloy wheels may weigh less than 14" steel wheels. More
importantly, larger rims improve the car's handling because
you can have lower-profile tyres, and good handling is usually
more important than good acceleration.

I suppose the large wing would be good if you were at the
beach and all the other picnic tables were taken..

Old March 7th 05, 01:22 AM
fbloogyudsr

"Old Wolf" > wrote
> Michael wrote:
>> By the way, don't those people realize that a picnic-table sized

> wing,
>> 22" rims, kits etc. only slow you down?

> Spoiler kits speed you up, by reducing parasitic drag.

This isn't always true. One purpose of spoilers is to increase
downforce. This comes at the cost of increased drag, which
decreases top speed.

> Larger wheels only slow you down if they weigh more, eg. 20"
> alloy wheels may weigh less than 14" steel wheels.

This statement is also false. Wider wheels/tires increase the
cross-section (of the car) *AND* the drag coefficient. That increases
the total drag, which also reduces top speed.

You'd better learn some physics and engineering.

Floyd
Old March 7th 05, 01:23 AM
Michael

But on those riced out cars, how often do you see decent rims and kits?

Old March 7th 05, 04:33 AM
Daniel J. Stern

On Sun, 6 Mar 2005, fbloogyudsr wrote:

> "Old Wolf" > wrote

<a bunch of stupid ignorant crap>

> You'd better learn some physics and engineering.

Agreed. Lesson One: yellow vinyl stick-on kanji decals take at least 3
seconds off your E.T's *per decal*. Even if the translation of the kanji
is "I'm a stupid white kid from the suburbs, I have a small penis and this
car is slow".
Old March 7th 05, 05:34 PM
Larry Bud

Michael wrote:
> "Does it have stickers plastered all over it?"
>
> Are you on crack?! HELL NO! Maybe I should do it, we all know that

each
> sticker gives you atleast 10 whp.
>
> "Does it have an unpainted, picnic-table wing bolted to the trunk

lid?"

> Nope, just a stock Honda spoiler.
>
> "Does it have a fugly, unpainted, and warped fiberglass "Shogun"

front
> end kit installed?"
>
> Now I feel ofended...
>
> "Or is it just a plain old stock Honda? "
>
> Nope, it's lowered, has an exhaust and an intake. That's about it.
> Unlike ricers, I know what I can/can't take on, I admit to my loses,

> VERY rarely street-race and my car doesn't look like an advertisement
> billboard(for parts you don't even have on your car).

You're a ricer wannabe... ;-) Not sure which is worse...

Old March 7th 05, 08:33 PM
Old Wolf

fbloogyudsr wrote:
> "Old Wolf" > wrote
> > Michael wrote:
> >> By the way, don't those people realize that a picnic-table
> >> sized wing,
> >> 22" rims, kits etc. only slow you down?

> > Spoiler kits speed you up, by reducing parasitic drag.

> This isn't always true. One purpose of spoilers is to increase
> downforce. This comes at the cost of increased drag, which
> decreases top speed.

Of course. I was referring to a kit consisting of more
aerodynamic front and rear bumpers, side skirts (making it
harder for air to get under the car), and perhaps aero mirrors.

> > Larger wheels only slow you down if they weigh more, eg. 20"
> > alloy wheels may weigh less than 14" steel wheels.

> This statement is also false. Wider wheels/tires increase the
> cross-section (of the car) *AND* the drag coefficient. That

increases
> the total drag, which also reduces top speed.
>
> You'd better learn some physics and engineering.

Who mentioned wider wheels? The cross section of the car, and
the total track, stays the same. It's just that each wheel+tyre
contains less tyre and more wheel.