1981 Headlight Doors

Old March 5th 05, 02:39 PM

Default 1981 Headlight Doors

Hello does anyone know of a possible replacement of the vacume healight
system for a 1981 corvette ? Possibly a electric system or at one time
there was a insert that got rid of the doors completely ?

Thanks !

Joel LaRue

Old March 6th 05, 12:58 AM
Scubabix

It's probably not much help, but, I have seen a C-4 type kit to replace the
vacuum piece of crap on C-3's. Keep looking, they are out there.
Rob
78 & 96 Coupes (red of course)

ups.com...

Old March 6th 05, 02:25 AM
frito

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello does anyone know of a possible replacement of the vacume
> healight
> system for a 1981 corvette ? Possibly a electric system or at one
> time
> there was a insert that got rid of the doors completely ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Joel LaRue

Take a look at

http://www.mcspeed.homestead.com/Our_Products.html

--
"frito"
Fred Snetzer

Old March 6th 05, 07:15 AM
BDragon

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Hello does anyone know of a possible replacement of the vacume healight
> system for a 1981 corvette ? Possibly a electric system or at one time
> there was a insert that got rid of the doors completely ?
>
> Thanks !
>
> Joel LaRue

The latest parts book from Eckler's shows they are carrying the replacement
inserts now. I have the parts book, but not an online address. It's the
usual plus ecklers.com. Easy to find.

Old March 6th 05, 03:30 PM

Thanks Guys...I'll do some more checking...I hate the vacume system
here in Iowa this extreme cold every winter is just plain hard on that
kind of stuff.