1991 80 Brake Issue

Old October 15th 04, 10:27 PM
RC

Default 1991 80 Brake Issue

I have a 1991 Audi 80 (engine Vin C). The brake pressure regulator needs
to be replaced. The former owner attempted this and screwed up the ends
of the brake hoses where they enter the regulator making it impossible
to install them into the new regulator. I need a good source for
replacement hoses in Oklahoma, United States.
Old October 16th 04, 12:44 AM
dave AKA vwdoc1

Are they rubber hoses or metal lines?
Dealer is one source, some aftermarket places may have what you need too.
Type of hose needs to be determined, female or male fitting, bubble or
possibly double flared ends, and length. AFAIK Dealer may charge $30 per
small hose.

Metal lines you can custom make yourselve with the proper flaring tools,
fittings and lines.

later,
dave

Old October 16th 04, 04:41 AM
RC

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:
> Are they rubber hoses or metal lines?
> Dealer is one source, some aftermarket places may have what you need too.
> Type of hose needs to be determined, female or male fitting, bubble or
> possibly double flared ends, and length. AFAIK Dealer may charge $30 per
> small hose.
>
> Metal lines you can custom make yourselve with the proper flaring tools,
> fittings and lines.
>
> later,
> dave
>
> "RC" > wrote in message
>
>>I have a 1991 Audi 80 (engine Vin C). The brake pressure regulator needs to
>>be replaced. The former owner attempted this and screwed up the ends of the
>>brake hoses where they enter the regulator making it impossible to install
>>them into the new regulator. I need a good source for replacement hoses in
>>Oklahoma, United States.

They are combination metal lines and rubber hoses. I need to get under
the vehicle tommorrow and get a better idea of what I need. If I can't
find the appropriate hoses premade I imagine I'll go to a hydraulic hose
shop and have them made. Here in the oil patch we have several places
that can probably handle the job. When I had a gasoline line fracture on
one of my vehicles I had one made up at a job shop. It worked fine. I'm
going to check the usual sources after eyeballing the lines.

Alfa 156 set-off issue... Dom Alfa Romeo 6 January 20th 05 03:08 PM
156 brake pipes. Simon Mason Alfa Romeo 3 November 12th 04 02:59 PM
1.8T Oil issue -- cost Libby Audi 35 September 23rd 04 03:14 PM
'84 Audi 4000s Quattro brake issues, balancing ItJstAGame Audi 2 July 23rd 04 04:17 AM
brake "bomb": how to pick one at the scrap yard? Christoph Bollig Audi 12 June 1st 04 02:44 PM