How was everyone elses day?

Old December 22nd 04, 01:39 AM
James C. Reeves

news

HMMM, was he calling you lucky? Or was he calling you a *******? ;-)

Old December 22nd 04, 04:40 AM
Nate Nagel

Arif Khokar wrote:

> Matthew Russotto wrote:
>
>> My Miata and Subaru started up with no trouble at all, although the
>> Suburu's doors were stuck. There's something to be said for modern
>> cars.

> The doors on my car weren't stuck since there was no real precipitation
> where I was. Even at 0 degrees F, my car only takes 5 minutes to warm
> up while driving (I don't bother letting it idle more than 30 to 40
> seconds).
>
> As for the doors getting stuck, I wonder what those people who advocated
> washing the car when it's below freezing think now.

A little late to remind everyone now, but last week I took some silicone
spray and wiped down all my door seals.

Of course, my car is stuck in a repair shop in Annapolis, but when they
go to move it, the doors won't be stuck :/

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old December 22nd 04, 04:40 AM
Nate Nagel

Old December 22nd 04, 03:12 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Matthew Russotto" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> Cory Dunkle > wrote:
>
> >So, how was everyone elses day?

> My Miata and Subaru started up with no trouble at all, although the
> Suburu's doors were stuck. There's something to be said for modern
> cars.

My classic cars have always started up just fine in below freezing weather.
The reason this whole thing happened the other day was just plain stupidity
on my part.

Old December 22nd 04, 03:12 PM
Cory Dunkle

Old December 22nd 04, 03:15 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
news
> On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 11:04:45 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
> >You lucky *******!

> Luck has nothing to do with it. I was born in Illinois; I worked hard
> to get to SoCal.

No way I'd ever live in California. What a bassackwards mess it seems to be
(not to mention the traffic and too many people), at least from this coast.
Of course I do live in the most bassackwards FUBAR state on this coast so at
least in your bassackwards FUBAR state you have some nice weather. lol

Cory

Old December 22nd 04, 03:15 PM
Cory Dunkle

Old December 23rd 04, 04:07 AM
Cory Dunkle

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:13:24 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
> >One of the many reasons I'm through with modern cars. I'll stick to

things
> >that are simple to work on and when things don't go right are much easier

> >fix.

> Your tune will change when you get out of college and land that first
> real job. You'll have more money flowing in than you've ever had
> before in your life, and it will be burning a hole in your pocket. In
> a few years, you'll be telling up about how you hit a deer with your
> BMW.

When I have money bunring a hole in my pocket after I've gotten all settled
down into a house and such my first big 'toy' or 'present' to myself will be
a nice classic car. Either a '67 Galaxie 500 fastback with a 289 and FMX,
winbleton white with nothing fancy. Basically it will be just like my first
car. Either than or anything non-Mustang from the mid-late '60s with a FE
and 4 speed. Point being, when I eventually land a nice IT job and all the
necessities are taken care of, I'm treating myself to a nice _powerful_
classic car I've always wanted. My Gal is quick, but I wouldn't quite call
her ground poundingly thunderous like that '63.5 XL with that tri-power 406
and 4 speed I saw a few months back at Fudds cruise night. Was for sale too,
only $28,000 IIRC.

Sure new performance cars can be fun to drive, and some people want a car
they never have to touch under the hood, but that's not me. I want something
with character... At the very least something I won't lose in the parking
lot (I lost my Prelude a few times, and I could only tell my Olds was mine
because of the mold growing on the top... I called it swamp thing ).

Furthermore, if I was ever to buy a brand new car it would at least be
something cool like a Mach 1, not some foreign car.

Cory