Employee Discount Program appears for real

Old July 6th 05, 12:34 PM
snow

Default Employee Discount Program appears for real

I went on the Dodge.com website and it shows Dodge is offering the Employee
Discount Program. It appears to be about
a 6-8% discount. Also, on some models there are rebates. With this Employee
discount offered, will this mean the deepest discounts yet this year on
Dodge
models, or is this clever marketing and the savings will be no better than
before??

Old July 6th 05, 01:42 PM
rob

give me a link please

Old July 6th 05, 01:42 PM
rob

never mind............its right in front on the main page.

Old July 6th 05, 07:15 PM
James C. Reeves

According to a article I read (Sunday's Washington Post, I believe), GM's
employee discount program was actually less generous than the previous
rebate and incentive programs they had instituted previously. The article
gave the discount numbers of the various programs. Apparently people
actually did better by several hundred dollars with the previous incentive
program. But, as marketing cleverness would have it, it sounded *really
really* good to most people (even if it wasn't particularly good in
comparison), so people came a flocking like the Lemmings they are! Oh,
wait, Lemmings can't fly! Well chalk up another victory to the marketing
people. As the Op's handle should point out..a "snow" job, for sure!

Old July 6th 05, 07:40 PM
Ted B.

"James C. Reeves" > wrote in message
> According to a article I read (Sunday's Washington Post, I believe), GM's
> employee discount program was actually less generous than the previous
> rebate and incentive programs they had instituted previously. The article
> gave the discount numbers of the various programs. Apparently people
> actually did better by several hundred dollars with the previous incentive
> program.

So I take it the employee discount was a joke before it was offered to
everybody? That is, if you were a GM employee and (for some odd reason)
wanted to buy a GM piece of crap, it was cheaper NOT to use the employee
discount? -Dave

Old July 6th 05, 07:46 PM
James C. Reeves

"Ted B." > wrote in message
eenews.net...

> "James C. Reeves" > wrote in message
>> According to a article I read (Sunday's Washington Post, I believe), GM's
>> employee discount program was actually less generous than the previous
>> rebate and incentive programs they had instituted previously. The
>> article gave the discount numbers of the various programs. Apparently
>> people actually did better by several hundred dollars with the previous
>> incentive program.

> So I take it the employee discount was a joke before it was offered to
> everybody? That is, if you were a GM employee and (for some odd reason)
> wanted to buy a GM piece of crap, it was cheaper NOT to use the employee
> discount? -Dave

So it would seem...if you believe the Washington Post.

Old July 6th 05, 10:26 PM
Brent P

In article ws.net>, Ted B. wrote:

> So I take it the employee discount was a joke before it was offered to
> everybody? That is, if you were a GM employee and (for some odd reason)
> wanted to buy a GM piece of crap, it was cheaper NOT to use the employee
> discount? -Dave

Once upon a time I worked at a large corporation that made consumer
products. (not an automaker) There would be various employee discount
programs from time to time. Each one was higher than the best street
prices.

I called it the employee surcharge program.

Old July 7th 05, 02:19 AM
James C. Reeves

"Brent P" > wrote in message
> In article ws.net>, Ted
> B. wrote:
>
>> So I take it the employee discount was a joke before it was offered to
>> everybody? That is, if you were a GM employee and (for some odd reason)
>> wanted to buy a GM piece of crap, it was cheaper NOT to use the employee
>> discount? -Dave

> Once upon a time I worked at a large corporation that made consumer
> products. (not an automaker) There would be various employee discount
> programs from time to time. Each one was higher than the best street
> prices.
>
> I called it the employee surcharge program.

And in the case of the Employee Discount program, there is no dickering from
the price (so I've heard, anyway). So it's actually IS a worse deal than
before...for the customer. Genius for the marketing folks!

Old July 7th 05, 08:37 AM
Gene Poon

James C. Reeves wrote:

> And in the case of the Employee Discount program, there is no dickering from
> the price (so I've heard, anyway). So it's actually IS a worse deal than
> before...for the customer. Genius for the marketing folks!

And then the robber baron dealers go and jack the price of the
undercoating that you don't want, the Protection Package that you don't
want, the Additional Dealer Markup that you REALLY don't want...