leasing a 156..

Old July 22nd 04, 06:29 AM
SS

Default leasing a 156..

Does anyone lease a 156.
if so..how much do you pay and what do you get?

I'm getting a company car but it looks like the 156 SW that I want may not
be an option (
The spec that I want pushes my personal user contribution above the maximum
I'm allowed so I'm looking into
leasing one on my own.

Failing that it looks like it may be bye, bye to Alfa's...

SS

Old July 22nd 04, 11:49 AM
Carl Farrington

SS wrote:
> Does anyone lease a 156.
> if so..how much do you pay and what do you get?
>
> I'm getting a company car but it looks like the 156 SW that I want
> may not be an option (
> The spec that I want pushes my personal user contribution above the
> maximum I'm allowed so I'm looking into
> leasing one on my own.
>
> Failing that it looks like it may be bye, bye to Alfa's...
>
> SS

Try AMT Contract Hire http://www.amtleasing.co.uk . They're one of my
customers and are very good people.

Old July 24th 04, 07:03 AM
Dutchie

"SS" > wrote in message
> Does anyone lease a 156.
> if so..how much do you pay and what do you get?
>
> I'm getting a company car but it looks like the 156 SW that I want may not
> be an option (
> The spec that I want pushes my personal user contribution above the

maximum
> I'm allowed so I'm looking into
> leasing one on my own.
>
> Failing that it looks like it may be bye, bye to Alfa's...
>
> SS

If your company is not fixed to one lease company, try ordering a proposal
from more then 1.
I found there can be a huge difference for Alfa cars (up to 100 euro per
month).

You may include Alfa itself, as they offer lease contracts in some
countrues.

Make sure the contracts have the same conditions.

Paul

Old July 24th 04, 07:37 AM
SS

I'm stuck with Lombard through work.
trouble is I'm limited (by the company) on the amount of personal user
contribution I can pay.

The best i can get is a
1.9 JTD Veloce. with cruise, alfatex interior and comfort pack and a
spoiler.

I really wanted the 156 SWagon with a leather interior....
but its too much.

SS

Old July 24th 04, 08:00 AM
SS

by too much I mean the personal user contribution hits the ceiling. (I could
and would pay more if they'd let me. but they won't)
I suspect it is to stop the 'plebs' getting a higher spec car than managers
above them....

trouble is all the leasing people I've looked at are more expensive than it
will cost me from work...for the same car.

SS

Old July 25th 04, 08:29 AM
Dutchie

"SS" > wrote in message
> by too much I mean the personal user contribution hits the ceiling. (I

could
> and would pay more if they'd let me. but they won't)
> I suspect it is to stop the 'plebs' getting a higher spec car than

managers
> above them....
>
> trouble is all the leasing people I've looked at are more expensive than

it
> will cost me from work...for the same car.
>
> SS

No, managers couldn't care less.
The point is, that when you leave the company (voluntary or not) before the
end of the lease contract, the company is stuck with a much more expensive
car then usual. It doesn't fit their balance books. Also, other emlpoyees
are reluctant to take over the contract, cause they have to pay so much
Try to be creative there to make the difference smaller.

Paul
(156 SW driver and former lease contract manager)

Old July 26th 04, 02:33 PM
Martin

Got a leased (company contract hire) 2.4JTD Sportwagon at the beginnning of
June, with all the toys (although they forgot to fit the winter pack at the
factory, so had to arrange a price reduction).

We used to use Interleasing (who I found very good & competitive on
pricing), but recently have been going direct to manufacturers.

Got the Alfa through my dealer using the FIAT Auto contracts dept, the admin
side of things has left a bit to be desired, but pricing was very good.

Martin

Old July 26th 04, 05:44 PM
SS

martin.
how much do you pay and whats the contract?

private e-mail me if you want..

SS

Old July 27th 04, 01:15 PM
Martin

Basic price for 36 months / 15000 pa was £385 / month including maintenance
for the 2.4 JTD Sportwagon Veloce.

If you specify any options, these really bump up the lease cost, because the
value is non-recoverable at resale. But as mine is a company car I had
quite a lot of options including leather, Bose etc which took the total up
to around £490.

Regards,

Martin.

Old July 27th 04, 05:19 PM
SS

cheers.
I'll stick with the low spec work lease option.
1.9 jtd 140 veloce saloon. Alfatex interior, cruise and comfort pack,
works out at about £180 - 190 per month for the tax bill and the personal
user cost.

I really wanted leather and bose as well but they exceed my maximum personal
user cost.

SS