(OT) June 6

Old June 6th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Default (OT) June 6

I dont mean to be off topic, June 6, 1941 was a very important day, a
very important day to keep in mind today.
www.devilfinder.com
National D-Day Museum New Orleans Louisiana
cuhulin

Old June 6th 07, 04:33 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

Well, I am blaming my typo on my keyboard.
Of course it was June 6,1941.How could I forget that? I was born on
November 5,1941 and I was told it was so bad World War Two broke out a
month later.
cuhulin

Old June 6th 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Ad absurdum per aspera

> > I dont mean to be off topic, June 6, 1941 was a very important day,
> I don't mean to be contrary, but I think you mean June 6, 1945.

Forty-FOUR, if you mean the Normandy invasion. By June 6, 1945, the
Allies had won in Europe and most of the boss Nazis had been in jail
or Hell for several weeks. (The date does apparently have a war
related claim to fame, though -- according to some sources, that's
when Soviet troops in occupied Germany found what really was Hitler's
body, after a previous case of mistaken identity.)

--Joe

Old June 6th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
C. E. White[_1_]

> wrote in message
> Well, I am blaming my typo on my keyboard.
> Of course it was June 6,1941.How could I forget that? I was born on
> November 5,1941 and I was told it was so bad World War Two broke out
> month later.
> cuhulin

Huh?

Germany touched off WWII - Sept 1, 1939 by invading Poland. France
falls May/June of 1940. Japan drags US into war by bombing Pearl
Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941. Allies invade France on June 6, 1944. Germany
Surrenders May 7/ May 8, 1945. Japan surrenders Aug 15 (Japan) / Aug
14 (US), 1945 after we nuked them twice.

Ed

Old June 6th 07, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Banned

George Hayduke wrote some books.Such as, The Book of Dirty Tricks and a
few other books.I used to have a Book of Dirty Tricks book here.There is
an article in the book where he said there was a German prison at the
Germany and Polish border and the people who ran that prison dressed up
some Geman prisoners in Polish uniforms and they injected some skopedal
(I think that is the way it is spelled in that book, skopedal, a drug)
into some of the Geman prisoners (dressed in Polish uniforms) and the
prison set them free.The prisoners started attacking the prison and the
prison guard people fired on the prisoners.

I dont know if that is true or not.
cuhulin

Old June 6th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
Marv Soloff

wrote:
> George Hayduke wrote some books.Such as, The Book of Dirty Tricks and a
> few other books.I used to have a Book of Dirty Tricks book here.There is
> an article in the book where he said there was a German prison at the
> Germany and Polish border and the people who ran that prison dressed up
> some Geman prisoners in Polish uniforms and they injected some skopedal
> (I think that is the way it is spelled in that book, skopedal, a drug)
> into some of the Geman prisoners (dressed in Polish uniforms) and the
> prison set them free.The prisoners started attacking the prison and the
> prison guard people fired on the prisoners.
>
> I dont know if that is true or not.
> cuhulin

Sounds like the "Canned Goods" exercise.

From Wikipedia:

Much of what is known about the Gleiwitz incident comes from the sworn
affidavit of Alfred Naujocks at the Nuremberg Trials. According to his
testimony, the incident was organised by Naujocks under orders from
Reinhard Heydrich and Heinrich Müller, the chief of the Gestapo.

On the night of August 31, 1939 a small group of German operatives led
by Naujocks seized the Gleiwitz station and broadcast a message in
Polish that urged the Poles living in Silesia to strike against Germans.
The Germans' goal was to make the attack and the broadcast look like the
work of anti-German Polish saboteurs.

In order to make the attack scene more convincing, the Germans brought
in Franciszek Honiok, a German Silesian known for sympathizing with the
Poles, who had been arrested the previous day by the Gestapo. Honiok was
dressed to look like a saboteur; then killed by lethal injection, given
gunshot wounds, and left dead at the scene, so that he appeared to have
been killed while attacking the station. His corpse was subsequently
presented as proof of the attack to the police and press.

In addition to Honiok, several other convicts were kept available for
this purpose. The Germans referred to them by the code phrase "Konserve"
("canned goods"). For this reason some sources incorrectly refer to the
incident as "Operation Canned Goods".

Marv
Old June 7th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.autos.tech
pAuL

wrote:

> I dont mean to be off topic, June 6, 1941 was a very important day, a
> very important day to keep in mind today.

www.devilfinder.com
> National D-Day Museum New Orleans Louisiana
> cuhulin

I find it interesting that that event is not on any of my calendars.
It used to be. Political correctness I guess.