Kombi Engine Problems

Old October 24th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

Default Kombi Engine Problems

If you think that you have engine problems with your aircooled, read
what unfortunately happened to someone driving a Kombi.
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...2164 1227B223

Old October 25th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Berg[_1_]

Bill Berckman wrote:
> If you think that you have engine problems with your aircooled, read
> what unfortunately happened to someone driving a Kombi.
> http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i...2164 1227B223

HMmm, the title/name of that paper looks a lot like LOL ..... Is someone
taking the mickey? I do not know the rag..

J.
Old October 25th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
anton[_1_]

I think I'll be putting that top left engine mounting bolt back where
it belongs in my t1 that was left out by PO.... :-o

anton

Old November 7th 06, 09:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Retro

Berg > wrote in
:

> HMmm, the title/name of that paper looks a lot like LOL ..... Is
> someone taking the mickey? I do not know the rag..

Nope, that's pretty much the news as it is in South Africa.

IOL is the "independent" papers, online.

Old November 7th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

Old November 7th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
[email protected][_1_]

On Nov 7, 4:42*am, Retro > wrote:
> Berg > wrote :
>

> > HMmm, the title/name of that paper looks a lot like LOL ..... Is
> > someone taking the mickey? I do not know the rag..Nope, that's pretty much the news as it is in South Africa.

> IOL is the "independent" papers, online.

As I understand it there are still a lot of VW buses ((kombis) in South
Africa, so it would seem you will have freak accidents now and then
considering the age of the aircooled VW's.

With a new law here in NC which states that any vehicles over 35 yrs
old doesn't need to be inspected, and I would have to say most that age
on the roads here would be aircooled VW's and not known to be the best
maintained that wee will see something like this here.

Its very hard not to fix all the problems I see when a customer brings
in a VW to the shop, ( I had a car come in the other day for an
electrical problem that would only run with the choke completely closed
and the owner didn't want it fixed, do to expense of coarse.not a real
safety issue but I didn't get a chance to find out what other problems
there might have been.

I have had cars come in with only 2 nuts/bolts holding the engine in
and a bay that the mounts so bad I'm not sure what stopped the engine
from dropping.

As time goes on and the vehicles get older plus the fact that everyone
seems to want one I think we will see more unfortiontate accidents.

I'll try to do my part to keep people safe and the aircooled VW's
running,So we don't see articles like this.

Mario
Vintage Werks resto