Can't shut engine off on 1959 Impala

Old April 8th 05, 12:26 PM
Nate Nagel

> N8,
> Well here is the deal. I am parked on my arse in my cube with no
> official duties. I cannot drive on the test track or operate any test
> or customer vehicles to trim/evaluate/perform test matrix, etc.(on
> narcotics for pain) and I show up to "work" <G> as not to trash
> vacation/sick/personal days before the VA and TRW decide what to do as
> per disability retirement. So I review SAE submittals, eBay,
> automotive news groups (that I have interest in) and provide technical
> answers and armchair assistance to the resident geeks. Not a bad deal,
> as if I had it bad before, eh?
> Calvin (drive to work, take drugs, drive home, take drugs, whatta
> schedule!!!!) Lowell

I was always kinda jealous of your job, you got to drive way more than I
did but I bet you'd do some "real work" if it meant you weren't
having these issues :/

Whatever you do do *not* forget about the painkillers and grab a beer
when you get home (I did that *once* - trust me, I wasn't operating any
heavy machinery any time soon, although on the upside I was completely
pain free. It's apparently not good for your liver either)

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old April 8th 05, 02:15 PM

N8,
I have been "dry" for years, but must admit I am enjoying the
drugs <G>

Old April 8th 05, 09:26 PM
tranch

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> N8,
> I have been "dry" for years, but must admit I am enjoying the
> drugs <G>

Yeah! Ain't it great! Some of this stuff we had to get off a street
corner, now I just go to the Dr. and he gives me prescriptions for some of
the same things!

Old April 9th 05, 02:07 AM
tranch

"Robin Banks" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 15:26:45 -0500, "tranch" > wrote:

<snip>

> As long as it ain't Oxycontin.

<snip>

Oh yeah. Know all about those bad guys. VERY bad if you have to take
them for any extended period of time!

Old April 11th 05, 01:14 PM

I see the neurosurgeon today, I am taking percocet's and only enough to
take the edge off the pain. I have multiple chipped vertebre, bone
spurs, herniations, pinched nerves, one section of no impluse that is
suspected damaged/severed nerves and spinal cord enchroachments (all
under name of "spinal stenosis"). even with the drugs I feel like I
have constant kidney stone pain, this sucks!