2001 alfa 147 - whats it worth?

Old August 31st 04, 05:35 PM
SS

Default 2001 alfa 147 - whats it worth?

I've got a Black 2001 Alfa 147. 2.0 Lusso with Bose, sport leather and 17"
alloys. (registered 01/2001)
I'll be looking to sell it shortly due to the arrival of a company car. (156
Veloce)
It will probably have 30K miles on it when I sell and is in mint condition
with full SH and there will be some warranty left.

What's a realistic price for a private sale?

[no I wont take 3 and a half grand for it before some joker suggests it...]

SS.

Old August 31st 04, 08:38 PM
SS

If you had to knock off 1K 'cos it hadn't been done then you were done
surely....would have been cheaper to pay for it to be done wouldnt it??

but....

funnily enough had the usual discussion with the dealer about cambelts..

"whats the score now with cambelts...?...had some history of failures
haven't you??"
"check at 36K sir... change at 72K"

"surely if your doing a worthwhile check it wouldn't be worth putting it
back"
"we visually inspect it by removing the cover and twisting it a bit"

"soooo....what if it fails before 72K then...?"
"if it's been fully serviced - and the check is done by a dealer and it
subsequently fails we'll sort it..."

needless to say I'll be asking for that in writing...

Old September 1st 04, 08:51 PM
SS

36K service was £330. including cambelt check.
addtional work needed doing to the tune of:
New rear pads at £140. (bloody rip off)
and
Also needed power steeing leak recifying and rear suspension bushes - both
done under warranty so quite happy with that.

Whilst there asked a different person on the service desk - "soooo....what
if it fails before 72K then...?" and was again told "if it's been fully
serviced - and the check is done by a dealer and it subsequently fails we'll
sort it..."
however, unsurprisingly, they were not willing to put that in writing....

Was told experinece shows if they are going to go they go at 68K miles and
that they are repairing one now that went at about that - was told that only
cost to owner is to be the cambelt and tensioner which would have been
chargeable at the service.

[I had my 146 cambelt done a few years ago at an independant for about £480
with other service items included in that bill]

SS.

Old September 2nd 04, 12:23 PM
Joe Ortiz

Greetings. If it's as immaculate as you say, I reckon I'd put it on
private sale at 7K and see what happens. Sounds like a nice car. U
getting a 156 JTS? Good luck with sale/new one. Regards.

Joe
Old September 2nd 04, 05:47 PM
SS

1.9 JTD veloce is due in about November I reckon...

om...

Old September 2nd 04, 06:24 PM
SS

Where have you ever seen something of that spec' for 7K??

SS

Old September 3rd 04, 09:56 AM
Joe Ortiz

"SS" > wrote in message >...
> Where have you ever seen something of that spec' for 7K??
>
> SS

I agree that was probably too low but the dealers seem to move them
for around 9k from a 10k starting price. private sales are lower,
obviously. what kind of prices are you seeing?

I note that Parker's has a part-ex value of £6,800 for a standard 2.0
Lusso of that age and mileage. I guess yours would be more with the
extra bits. regards.

Joe

PS By the way, totally agree that Alfa's cam belt "inspection" policy
is very silly.
Old September 3rd 04, 10:14 PM
SS

I'd agree that dealers are moving them for about that price but from what I
see they all seem higher mileage
than mine.

The AA say.. about 11k... presumably dealer price..
https://www.theaa.com/portal/appmana...from=confident

parkers online say
http://www.parkers.co.uk/pricing/use...yo rsell=sell

private good 8305
PeX 7700

so need to do some more research I think...

SS