GTR MOMO FF Tweaks

Old March 3rd 05, 04:10 AM
Steve Simpson

> The vibrating wheel is supposedly emulating engine torque? Hey, if you
> like
> it that's all that matters.

Correct....and you'll notice that when you rev the engine the body moves on
the suspension so engine torque is modelled in the game. I just found it
strange that such a small thing (which is actually a neat feature) was
enough for you to dismiss it.

Old March 3rd 05, 06:04 AM
Alan Le

> Just thought I'd share this with you....It's the latest version of some
tweaks
> made to the FF in GTR by one of the community's most respected FF gurus.
> I've been very critical of the FF in GTR but these settings have

transformed it for
> me. They need to be inserted into your .PLR file replacing the existing
> lines. Don't go into the force menu in the game after you've done this
> or they will be reset to default. These should work well with 'MOMO
> Force' and 'MOMO Racing' wheels - not sure about others YMMV.

Definitely a nice improvement as far as bump steer goes; it's not as crazy.
I can still feel the impact from the bumps, but the car's much easier for me
to control in bumpy braking zones (e.g. into La Source and the Bus Stop). I
agree with Steve generic feel though. The steering doesn't really go
light as the front tires give out. That is one of the things I really like
in this demo. Perhaps I can work out a combination of the two and keep my
favorite aspects.

Also, I'm on a DFP with the 4.6 beta drivers, so my experience is likely a
little different at the very least. I already went in and decreased gain to
0.9 due to the DFP's stronger FF.

Alan

Old March 4th 05, 03:25 PM
Jussi Koukku

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:10:31 +1000, "Steve Simpson" >
wrote something like:

>> The vibrating wheel is supposedly emulating engine torque? Hey, if you
>> like
>> it that's all that matters.

>Correct....and you'll notice that when you rev the engine the body moves on
>the suspension so engine torque is modelled in the game. I just found it
>strange that such a small thing (which is actually a neat feature) was
>enough for you to dismiss it.

The vibrating wheel isn't emulating engine torque, it's emulating the
vibrations that the engine is causing to the cars body. I personally
don't like it in FF effects, feels like holding a chain saw.

And yes, engine torque is modelled in the game. If it wasn't the cars
wouldn't move
--
- Jussi Koukku -
Old March 4th 05, 08:27 PM
Brrrrr

Jussi Koukku wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:10:31 +1000, "Steve Simpson"

> wrote something like:
>
>>> The vibrating wheel is supposedly emulating engine torque?

Hey,
>>> if you like
>>> it that's all that matters.

>> Correct....and you'll notice that when you rev the engine the

body
>> moves on the suspension so engine torque is modelled in the

game.
>> I just found it strange that such a small thing (which is

actually
>> a neat feature) was enough for you to dismiss it.

> The vibrating wheel isn't emulating engine torque, it's

emulating
> the vibrations that the engine is causing to the cars body. I
> personally don't like it in FF effects, feels like holding a

chain
> saw.

It's more like a buzzzzzz on my wheel. Anyone know which setting
to change to reduce it? Otherwise I like these tweaks. Certainly
better than stock.

I might get tired with a 95% setting in the game and 100%
settings in the Profiler, if the race was long.

brrrrr