cd-rw media that works in your honda?

Old July 13th 05, 09:33 PM
James

Default cd-rw media that works in your honda?

What type of cd-rw media works in your honda? i have a honda accord 2000.
the only cd-r media brand that works is fuji. i have tried others such as
staples brand, verbaitm, and a few others that don't work. i have tried one
cd-rw that didn't work, i left it at home and don' remember the brand off
hand. please write back if you know of cd-rw media that works in your
honda.

Old July 13th 05, 09:46 PM

James > wrote:
> What type of cd-rw media works in your honda? i have a honda accord 2000.

I think the manual says that CD-RW might not work. I've had no problem in
a 2003 Civic, using CD-R. I think I've used TDK, Memorex, and Office
Depot.

--
---

Old July 13th 05, 10:56 PM
Kevin in San Diego

I use CD-Rs from HP right now. They work fine. I dont see the use for CDRW
as cheap as they are now.
KH

Old July 13th 05, 11:12 PM
Rattus The RAT

do they play mp3's?

just curious.

Old July 13th 05, 11:23 PM

Rattus The RAT > wrote:
> do they play mp3's?

My 2003? No. No MP3, No WAV, just audio.

There is an empty connector on the back of my 2003 Civic single-CD.
This is intended for a cassette or CD changer, but the P.I.E adapter plugs
in there. My MP3 player appears as a CD changer that's always on disc one
track one.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon98aux.html
PIE HON98-AUX Auxiliary Input Converter

Old July 14th 05, 05:48 PM

The 2004 XM stereo doesn't play MP3.

Most re-writeable media will work. Problem is, RW's are simply less
reflective than pressed CD's. When a diode laser gets use, the output
declines over time. Eventually the player may not play any CD-RW's.
That's probably why Honda doesn't guarantee it.

A laser putting out 50% of it's original output (after several years of
use) may be sufficient for a pressed CD, but won't work for an RW, for
example. The amount of light bouncing back to the sensor lens simply
becomes inadequate.

Old July 16th 05, 03:02 PM
TomP

Short answer: some will some won't
Long answer: There are too many variables to say for sure this brand will or
won't work. I've had different disks play and not play from the same spindle
of media.... go figure. If they play Woo-Hoo; if not, try reburning to another
disk at a slower burn rate.

--
Tp,

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Old July 18th 05, 06:10 PM
James

which cd-rw brand have you tried? fuji cd-r's seem pretty constant. i have
used two whole spindles with them and had no problems on any disk.