Stolen '66 covertible update

Old September 1st 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Mark C.

Default Stolen '66 covertible update

>Nevada Larry wrote,

>Sacramento Police department is looking for the owner of a 66 Mustang
>convertible, black top and blue body, which was stolen and they have
>recovered. Anybody out there missing a car?

They found the owner of the car. Sacramento had a rash of mustang thefts for
a while. It seems one of the perps was involved in a homicide or something
to that nature so they closed in on the ring. One of them had the nerve to
sell the parts on ebay right under our noses. We're talking new previously
redone interiors, seats and all for a couple hundred dollars and engines
that looked like they were hastily removed, tearing out wiring and all. Some
victims I know of recognized their parts in pictures seen in the ads and
many parts such as doors and hoods matched colors of the cars that were
reported stolen. There was even a set of custom colored seats from TMI that
were sold from a victims stolen car. Unfortunately many of these parts went
to many unsuspecting buyers across the U.S.

Old September 2nd 06, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
veegerNO [email protected]

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:48:07 -0700, "Mark C." >
wrote:

>>Nevada Larry wrote,

>>Sacramento Police department is looking for the owner of a 66 Mustang
>>convertible, black top and blue body, which was stolen and they have
>>recovered. Anybody out there missing a car?

>They found the owner of the car. Sacramento had a rash of mustang thefts for
>a while. It seems one of the perps was involved in a homicide or something
>to that nature so they closed in on the ring. One of them had the nerve to
>sell the parts on ebay right under our noses. We're talking new previously
>redone interiors, seats and all for a couple hundred dollars and engines
>that looked like they were hastily removed, tearing out wiring and all. Some
>victims I know of recognized their parts in pictures seen in the ads and
>many parts such as doors and hoods matched colors of the cars that were
>reported stolen. There was even a set of custom colored seats from TMI that
>were sold from a victims stolen car. Unfortunately many of these parts went
>to many unsuspecting buyers across the U.S.

Sounds like maybe the same group that was operating here in Redding
few years ago. Some they nailed but some disappeared.

Unfortunately, those who bought the stolen parts may lose them without
compensation. Fortunately, ebay and PayPal have policies to cover such
instances.
--

Spike
w/Black Std Interior, A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok;

Stolen XJ Update Carl Jeep 4 February 1st 06 07:06 AM
Stolen Jeep update Carl Jeep 12 December 31st 05 08:47 PM
Upcoming rFactor Update Info David G Fisher Simulators 0 October 12th 05 04:54 AM
Md.: Carjack suspect reports 'his' car stolen John David Galt Driving 3 May 7th 05 04:06 AM