Stratstone in Leicester

Old July 10th 06, 07:58 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
ARUser

Default Stratstone in Leicester

Alright?

I have a 156JTS 2.0L that needs a big service ( cambelt change).

Does anyone have any experience of Stratstone Dealership in Leicester ? Good
or bad?

comments apprciated.

Ta m'duck

Baz

Old July 11th 06, 11:43 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Simon Bothwell

Ay up me duck!
Since the demise of the devils spawn ( Reg Vardy ) i've been using Car Care
in Havelock st. and had excellent service at reasonable prices, the guy to
speak to is called Indy, nice chap. Good luck.
Simon B.

Old July 11th 06, 02:35 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Simon Bothwell

Update on this thread, the guy @Car Care has just rang me with a quote for
my cambelt, £100. + parts, have booked it in for tuesday next.
Simon B

Old July 14th 06, 08:30 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
ARUser

That's brilliant mate, thanks for the heads up.

£100 plus parts....spot on.

I'll get onto them sharpish!.
Cheers
Baz

news

Old July 14th 06, 09:16 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Pete[_1_]

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:30:30 +0100, "ARUser" >, wrote:

>That's brilliant mate, thanks for the heads up.
>
>£100 plus parts....spot on.
>
>I'll get onto them sharpish!.
>Cheers
>Baz

Was that for the Big Service or just the
Cambelt change Baz?
Please do remember to come back and tell us
what you had done, price, and service comments.
Very handy for future drivers to look up :-)

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old July 20th 06, 12:17 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Simon Bothwell

Hi all,
I collected Alfie from Car Care yesterday and apart from the fact that they
were sent the kit for a 2.5 instead of the 2.0 everything was fine. Total
cost for both belts was £247, a bit different from the £600 I was quoted by
two other garages!! Car Care do the Alfa and my lass's Celica as far as
servicing is concerned and I can't fault them.
Hope this is of some use to the group.

Simon

Old July 20th 06, 12:21 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

Simon Bothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
> I collected Alfie from Car Care yesterday and apart from the fact
> that they were sent the kit for a 2.5 instead of the 2.0 everything
> was fine. Total cost for both belts was £247, a bit different from
> the £600 I was quoted by two other garages!! Car Care do the Alfa and
> my lass's Celica as far as servicing is concerned and I can't fault
> them. Hope this is of some use to the group.

My 72K service + belt (147) was £350 in local garage and they've done a
blinding job IMO.

Old July 21st 06, 09:36 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Simon Bothwell

Is that local to me or local to you?

Old July 21st 06, 09:58 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
cupra

Simon Bothwell wrote:
> Is that local to me or local to you?
> " cupra" > wrote in message
>> Simon Bothwell wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>> I collected Alfie from Car Care yesterday and apart from the fact
>>> that they were sent the kit for a 2.5 instead of the 2.0 everything
>>> was fine. Total cost for both belts was £247, a bit different from
>>> the £600 I was quoted by two other garages!! Car Care do the Alfa
>>> and my lass's Celica as far as servicing is concerned and I can't
>>> fault them. Hope this is of some use to the group.

>> My 72K service + belt (147) was £350 in local garage and they've
>> done a blinding job IMO.

Local to me (W.Somerset) - just another illustration of how much can be
saved. I didn't actually get a quote from the Dealer, but most of the
services have topped that and that's without the belt change....