GW caused the Hurricanes in Fl.

Old November 2nd 04, 02:01 PM
David G Fisher

"Asgeir Nesoen" > wrote in message
> After reading this it all stands clear before me:
> All this cooks down to one single thing: Where we place ourselves in
> this world. If you place yourself on top of everything you'll see
> terrorists everywhere, and call them evil, and you won't have the
> slightest idea why they attack you. If you place yourself on the bottom
> you think those on top get every damn bit they deserve because they have
> inflicted so much pain and suffering through their political military
> actions.
>
> One thing that americans tend to forget in the discussion is the fact
> that we have had terrorist attacks in europe during most of the 20th
> century, and that we have had to adjust our foreign policy accordingly,
> because it became apparent that our foreign policy created people who
> were willing to sacrifice their lives for a cause.
>
> Now, there are two courses of action when you realize this: You can 1)
> start a world wide war on everything that even resembles a terrorist,
> because you have to be utterly and thoroughly paranoid in order to fight
> such a threat efficiently, or you can 2) start evaluating and analyze
> your own foreigh policy in order to eliminate the factors that creates
> suicide bombers, and adjust accordingly.
>
> Again, if you place yourself on top of the world you'll say: "why should
> we adjust to *anything* of this world", if you place yourself on the
> bottom you'll say: "We will *force* them to adjust, and we'll gladly
> sacrifice our own lives in the process".
>
> It's a matter of self image, self deceit and dillusion. Very simply put.
> Broaden your mind, get a perspective based on moral and ethical issues
> instead of world position, and you'll see what I mean. Time will proove

it.

> ---Asgeir---

Your approach is the right way. Unforutnately, there is a tiny % of
Americans who think the way you and other Europeans do. We just don't have
enough people with the wisdom or intelligence to understand that approach.
At least not yet. Our views and reactions are very naieve, childish,
emotional and unjustifiably arrogant. Maybe in another 50 years..........

I don't care if saying that offends anyone in this country. Where I live has
very little to do with the people unfortunately.

BTW, OBL is in complete control of Bush, this administration, and many in
this country. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6387377/
--
David G Fisher

Old November 2nd 04, 03:01 PM
Asgeir Nesoen

David G Fisher wrote:
<snipped my own stuff>

> Your approach is the right way. Unforutnately, there is a tiny % of
> Americans who think the way you and other Europeans do. We just don't have
> enough people with the wisdom or intelligence to understand that approach.
> At least not yet. Our views and reactions are very naieve, childish,
> emotional and unjustifiably arrogant. Maybe in another 50 years..........

I *think* it will happen sooner than this, simply because we will run
out of oil and gas much sooner than the medias think. The western
corporate worlds without oil is totally crippled and simply unable to
make money, let alone profit.

Gas prices are already running wild, and there is no solution to that
because the rate of newly discovered and exploited gas sources is much
smaller than the decline of the already exploited ones and demand. We
run out of gas first, and then we'll start using oil instead, then the
oil prices will go wild.

What amazes me is the total lack of focus on this, not even progressive
news medias address it; a society without oil needs to be based and
built on entirely different grounds, and it will be an extremely painful
process since the peoples will do anything to change things, and the
elite in power will do anything NOT to change things.

> I don't care if saying that offends anyone in this country. Where I live has
> very little to do with the people unfortunately.
>
> BTW, OBL is in complete control of Bush, this administration, and many in
> this country. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6387377/

I wouldn't say OBL is in complete control, I would say that OBL just
plays it along the self-inflicted cul-de-sac of US. The fragility of the
economy of US is immense since it has a terrible dependancy of fossile
fuels. And it can't possibly last! China wants oil, as does India, I
would say max 10 years from now until people in US must leave their cars
at home each morning, since oil will be too expensive for their
already-too-low vages.

The powers in charge are there to make money, not to do the right thing
for US and americans.

---A---
Old November 2nd 04, 06:01 PM
Mitch_A

Attack articles by democratic operatives wont convince me of anything.

Old November 2nd 04, 06:02 PM
Mitch_A

Expert Geologist too eh? LOL...

Old November 2nd 04, 06:04 PM
bob

"Mitch_A" > wrote in message
news
> Attack articles by democratic operatives wont convince me of anything.

you sir are retarded

Old November 2nd 04, 09:35 PM
Mark Davisons

No reasoned argument, eh? LOL...

. com...

Old November 2nd 04, 09:51 PM
Mitch_A

The arguing is done. Time to try and mend differences and work together to
try and bring about a positive out of all these negatives thrown about so
easily for the last year.

I hope GWB wins but if he doesnt Ill pledge my allegiance to Kerry as
President and hope he is able to Win this war on Terrorists and Terrorism,
the true enemy of peace and freedom.

Mitch

Old November 2nd 04, 10:04 PM
David G Fisher

In this country, we will wait until it's past the crisis point before we
actually do anything about it. We don't believe we should have to
inconvenience ourselves for the greater good. The world revolves around us.

Bush's big plan is to drill for oil in Alaska, which would give the US six
months worth of oil, wouldn't be available for ten years, and could cause a
disaster in that region.

Whether it's the depletion of fossil fuels, the destruction of the
environment, or overpopulation, the majority of people in this country
aren't going to do a damn thing until it's too late.

Old November 2nd 04, 11:04 PM
Uwe Schürkamp

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 20:51:36 GMT, Mitch_A wrote:

> I hope GWB wins but if he doesnt Ill pledge my allegiance to Kerry as
> President and hope he is able to Win this war on Terrorists and Terrorism,
> the true enemy of peace and freedom.

Gaah, I said I wouldn't post in this one any more, but I'm really
beginning to wonder what you've been having for lunch these past fews
weeks, Mitch ;-) This isn't a war, whatever your government is trying
to tell you, and as such cannot be won. It's going to be won much
like the "other wars" were won in the US (or world wide, for that
matter): the "war on hunger", the "war on poverty", and the "war on
drugs". Sounds familiar, doesn't it?

All the best,

uwe

--
mail replies to Uwe at schuerkamp dot de ( yahoo address is spambox)
Uwe Schuerkamp //////////////////////////// http://www.schuerkamp.de/
Old November 4th 04, 10:10 AM
Asgeir Nesoen

Well, my point is that it is never "too late". The effects of late
action will be much more severe, yes, but things will collapse, and then
things will be rebuilt. The survivors will think differently. Hopefully.

Americans have a strong optimism, they think everything in the world
will be ok if their intention is good. And they think that their belief
in their country will make things proceed well for US. It won't.

---A---