re Cerberus: Inside the Wall Street power-house

Old August 20th 07, 07:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
who

Default re Cerberus: Inside the Wall Street power-house

> Cerberus: Inside the Wall Street power-house
> With the closing of the Chrysler deal, the (very) private equity shop is
> poised to succeed or fail very publicly, say Fortune's Katie Benner and Geoff
> Colvin.
> FORTUNE Magazine
> By Katie Benner and Geoff Colvin
> August 5 2007: 11:40 PM EDT
>
> (Fortune Magazine) -- They're already taking the "Daimler" off the
> DaimlerChrysler signs at headquarters in Auburn Hills, Mich. It's happening
> at the big Fenton, Mo., plants where the company makes pickup trucks and
> minivans, and at other plants across North America. The new corporate
> stationery is ready. Chrysler dealers nationwide are sending out invitations,
> filling balloons with helium, and ordering chicken wings for the parties
> they're going to throw. The occasion: Chrysler is becoming American again,
> being bought from its German parent by Cerberus Capital Management, a buyout
> firm that it's safe to say most of Chrysler's employees, dealers, and
> customers had never heard of until the agreement was announced a few months
> ago.

http://money.cnn.com/2007/08/03/news...tune/index.htm
?postversion=2007080523

THX to the poster of this URL. Interesting article.
I hope they quickly remove the German Air Force wing from Chrysler's
cars.

If it takes a Feinberg approach to work to save Chrysler I'll pass, but
he does seem like a good one to take a run at it.
Drives a Dodge too!

> With all that debt expertise, it's no surprise that finance and
> consumer-lending companies form the bulk of Cerberus's portfolio.

This will be a good help to his effort.
Using GMAC to save Chrysler; very smart move.
Old August 20th 07, 11:22 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Bill Putney

who wrote:

> THX to the poster of this URL. Interesting article.
> I hope they quickly remove the German Air Force wing from Chrysler's
> cars.

Why is that? I kind of like it (a lot).

Bill Putney
address with the letter 'x')

Cerberus XS11E[_3_] Jeep 15 June 22nd 07 09:14 AM
Power Locks will not work either with the remote or inside button [email protected] Dodge 4 May 24th 07 02:22 AM
See the new Cerberus Wrangler X L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III Jeep 3 May 17th 07 02:35 AM
See the new Cerberus Wranglers X L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III Jeep 0 May 15th 07 03:35 AM
it will rigidly creep to Edward when the cold cases learn inside the full house [email protected] Technology 0 January 17th 05 01:06 PM