2001 Jetta 1.8T - Recirculating block heater?

Old December 31st 04, 09:18 PM
Tyler Gunn

Default 2001 Jetta 1.8T - Recirculating block heater?

Hello,
I've got a 2001 Jetta GLS with the 1.8T engine. It came from the
dealership with an oil pan warmer installed; when the mercury drops
down into -20C range it starts as if it hasn't been plugged in.

I've read some about installing a recirculating block heater; I found
instructions for a TDI Jetta he
http://members.porchlight.ca/benad/zerostart.htm

Would the installation be the same for my 1.8T engine?

Also, is there a frost plug on the 1.8T engine? If so where is it? A
frost plug heater is another option I've been considering.

Thanks!
Tyler Gunn