Quick poll, Would your next car be a honda?

Old November 11th 04, 10:11 AM
stylesandsmiles

Default Quick poll, Would your next car be a honda?

I am just curious if you people out there that have a honda, would consider
buying your next car in the future. If so, would you consider, standard or
auto, and civic, or accord?
For those of you whom would. Did you buy your's new or used?

Old November 11th 04, 10:28 AM
Al Reynolds

"stylesandsmiles" > wrote:
>I am just curious if you people out there that have a honda, would consider
>buying your next car in the future. If so, would you consider, standard or
>auto, and civic, or accord?
> For those of you whom would. Did you buy your's new or used?

Bought my 97 Accord Wagon at 86000 miles in 2003.
Plan to run it until at least 200k which will be about 2008.
Will almost certainly buy another Honda after that - by then
the current Accord Wagons should be cheap enough, or I
might buy an Odyssey.

Al

Old November 11th 04, 10:56 AM
Hugh

Whenever I buy a car I look to see what's available at a comparable price.
I bought an Accord 2.0 iVTEC SE manual from a UK main dealer as a nearly new
demonstrator.
It's good but now I've lived with it for a while, I think it was an
expensive purchase.
The new Accord has some very good competition here in the UK.
If I do go for a similar Honda next time, I'll look around for a better
price.

Old November 11th 04, 11:56 AM
Sparky

stylesandsmiles wrote:

> I am just curious if you people out there that have a honda, would consider
> buying your next car in the future. If so, would you consider, standard or
> auto, and civic, or accord?
> For those of you whom would. Did you buy your's new or used?

Absolutely, assuming I outlive my '03 Accord EX sedan!
Old November 11th 04, 03:20 PM
Scott Van Nest

purchased an '04 Ody back in May. almost purchased a S2000 at the same
time. then I got thinking. I could also afford a used NSX for the same
money as a new S2000. that decision is still up in the air.

Scott

Old November 11th 04, 06:21 PM
Caroline

1991 Civic owner here. I think my next car will be a Toyota Echo 2010.

The Echo has a low initial cost, high miles/gallon and few frills. It should
have the Toyota/Honda longevity, so I expect it will be easy to work on for
years (as I head into truly old age).

If it's not the Echo, it will be another Civic. The latest Civic's engines are a
little larger displacement-wise, but because of VTEC IIRC they're getting
mileage as good as the Echos.

My current Civic, an LX, has a high end upholstery, and Toyota may not make
Echoes with such nice interiors. This I will miss (and it's something I will
splurge a little on, if available). People today still comment on my 91 Civic's
upholstery.

It will be a manual transmission.

I bought my car new. The next time will probably be new, too. I like knowing
exactly what's been done to the car. Cost estimates indicate buying new and
driving into the ground is about as cost effective as buying used and driving
into the ground.

"stylesandsmiles" > wrote

Old November 11th 04, 07:10 PM
JM

almost purchased a S2000 at the same
> time. then I got thinking. I could also afford a used NSX for the same
> money as a new S2000. that decision is still up in the air.
>
> Scott

NSX!
NSX!
NSX!

My 2 cents.

JM
Old November 11th 04, 07:11 PM
Abeness

Bought my first Honda used a few months ago, '94 Civic EX, manual
tranny. Am glad I got the EX because of its more powerful engine (can't
imagine driving a CX Hatch with only a 70 hp engine). Love it so far.
Don't know whether I'd ever buy a car new. Had an auto V8 previously,
350 engine, and that was a lot more powerful. I've heard the Civic auto
trannies of that vintage ain't so hot, and having driven a friend's I'm
inclined to agree.

Accord would be nice b/c of the bigger engine/better pickup, but I'm so
enjoying going from 16 mpg with the V8 (hwy) to 32 in the Civic that I'm
not about to decrease the mileage with the current gas prices. Perhaps
when money becomes no object and we haven't yet run out of fossil
fuels... ;-)

Old November 11th 04, 08:43 PM
Scott Van Nest

I am leaning that direction too. but damn, a 10 year old car or $30+.
That's quite a jump for a dumb okie.

Scott
om...

Old November 11th 04, 11:02 PM
Imminent Vengeance

stylesandsmiles wrote:

> I am just curious if you people out there that have a honda, would
> consider buying your next car in the future. If so, would you consider,
> standard or auto, and civic, or accord? For those of you whom would. Did
> you buy your's new or used?

I have a '93 Accord which I bought used almost 5 years ago. It now has
217,000km (about 135,000 miles) on it and it still runs like new. I have
been very happy with this car, and I expect it to last for at least 6-8
more years. When the time comes to replace it, my next car will
definitely be a Honda. Which model, I don't know yet. But my first
choice would be an Accord Coupe.