jeep fender compatibility??

Old March 7th 05, 03:24 AM
serg

Default jeep fender compatibility??

hey guys-not a very techy question here but-i'm in need of a driver's
side fender for an 85 cj7. i was wondering if a fender off of an 80 cj
would work. do they look the same? same holes? thanks!

Old March 7th 05, 01:27 PM
JimG

All CJ front fenders are the same, from 1972-1986, CJ-5 or CJ-7 (CJ-8's
also).

--
JimG
80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI

00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift

Old March 7th 05, 05:40 PM
Mike Romain

Are you sure?

I thought they changed the length of the front fenders somewhere around
1980???

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old March 7th 05, 09:26 PM
JimG

http://www.4wd.com/shop/productdetai...uctsku=5758965

http://www.quadratec.com/cgi-bin/sgi...05030716173834

Old March 8th 05, 05:52 PM
Lee Ayrton

I raised my eyebrows at JimG's claim too because I thought that there was
a re-wrok in `76, so I looked it up on the 4WD catalogue. They list the
`72 through `86 fenders as direct replacements. They also list the `69
through `72 fenders as also fitting `55 through `68, but include a hole
for the post-`68 marker lamp.

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005, Mike Romain wrote:

> Are you sure?
>
> I thought they changed the length of the front fenders somewhere around
> 1980???
>

> JimG wrote:
>>
>> All CJ front fenders are the same, from 1972-1986, CJ-5 or CJ-7 (CJ-8's
>> also).
>>
>> --
>> JimG
>> 80' CJ-7 258 CID, HEI
>> 4.56 Gears, Lock-Right F&R
>> 35" BFG MT on 15x10 Centerlines
>> D44 Rear, D30 Front. SOA
>> Dana 300 w/4:1 & Currie twin sticks
>> Warn X8000i w/ dual batteries
>>
>> 00' TJ Sport 4.0L, 5sp
>> 4.56 Gears, TrueTrac rear
>> 33" BFG AT on 15x8 Eagle Alloys
>> D35 Rear, D30 Front. 3" Suspension Lift
>>
>> "serg" wrote in message ...
>>> hey guys-not a very techy question here but-i'm in need of a driver's
>>> side fender for an 85 cj7. i was wondering if a fender off of an 80 cj
>>> would work. do they look the same? same holes? thanks!

--
"I defer to your plainly more vivid memories of topless women with
whips....r"

Old March 8th 05, 09:09 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Yup, and the only reason they lengthen the hood and fenders four
inches was to accommodate the new owner, AMC's '29 Nash straight six.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old March 9th 05, 05:03 PM
Serg

so what year did they lengthen the hood and fenders?
thanks bill

Old March 9th 05, 10:06 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Hi Serg,
American Motor Corporation AMC purchased Kaiser-Jeep in '70 and
made no changes until '72. You may easily see where they added the four
inches at the cowl forward to make room for their bread and butter
longer straight six, between these two pictures:
http://www.billhughes.com/jeeplaunch.jpg and
http://www.billhughes.com/RonReaganJeep2.jpg
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O

Old March 10th 05, 01:44 AM
serg

well, that difference is really aparent nice pix! thanks!

What is a TJ? Brian Foster Jeep 23 January 22nd 05 06:06 AM
Jeep VS others Elliot Westcott Chrysler 64 December 19th 04 02:22 PM
Chrysler to show Jeep pickup and "FirePower" sports car concepts inDetroit MoPar Man Chrysler 4 December 10th 04 07:45 PM