Just bought a 2004 with 29,000 miles

Old January 7th 05, 07:39 AM
ak47sarah

Hi, just wanted to let you know that I just purchased the same vehicle and
not even 35,000 miles into the car there were problems with the
transmission. It happened when putting the car in reverse and would make
the car jump really hard. I also bought the extended warranty, THANK GOD
and turns out they are having problems with the 2004's and some type of
sensors affecting the transmission. The dealership did a great job of
fixing her and now she is as good as new. Just wanted to pass the note on
to you, something you may want to keep an eye on. Sarah

Old January 7th 05, 07:43 AM
ak47sarah

Sometimes however when you wait to purchase the warranty it may be more
expensive.

Old January 7th 05, 07:47 AM
ak47sarah

Just wanted to let you know the 2004's are having sensor problems which are
affecting the transmissions. This has happened to two vehicles recently
both with about 35,000 miles. On mine I noticed when I put the car in
reverse it jumped. THANK GOODNESS it was under factor warranty and I also
purchased an extended warranty. I have with every vehicle I have bought
and they have always paid for themselves.

Old January 18th 05, 08:11 AM
Todd Grigsby

Depends. What kind of engine does it have? Any visible leakage around the
seals or the transmission?

Most extended warranties are crap. You get better odds gambling in Vegas.
You're better off finding out how much the extended warranty would cost you per
month and putting that amount in a savings account. Then when things go wrong,
*you* can decide whether you want to pay to have it fixed or not.

Old January 18th 05, 02:54 PM
Teleplus Gatineau

I may only be 24 but I have owned 5 vehicles so far in my short lived life.
I have a 99 XLT and I have had nothing but problems with it.

I have had the Idle Control Speed Valve replaced under warranty (MSRP:
399.99)
I have had my lighting go bad in the dash and in the door compartments
(MSRP: 250.00)
I have also just had my transmission replaced, not rebuilt. (MSRP: Who
knows....alot!)

All of theses problems were fixed with my EXTENDED WARRANTY. Just be
careful which warranty you buy, what your deductible will be, does it cover
labour and fluids ( yeah I know...stupid that there are warranties that
don't cover labour huh?)

I would suggest purchasing the longest KM warranty the company has to offer.
I cant be more than $1500 - $2000 and if anything goes wrong you will be
laughing. If nothing goes wrong, at least you invested $1500 - $2000 into
your piece of mind with your new vehicle.

-Andy
99 XLT