Torque converter going bad?

Old June 14th 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Default Torque converter going bad?

Open the hood.
Look at the motor.

The Inline 6 will have all 6 cylinders in a line. The V6 will have 3
cylinders on one side and 3 more on the other side. You may need to look at
a known I6 and a V6 side by side to see the difference. It isn't required to
have them side by side, but if you have to ask, the picture says a thousand
words.

And, except for the latest version of Jeeps, you have an I6. The Liberty
gets a V6, and there was a V6 in the Cherokee back in the mid to late '80s
that was a real dog.

ups.com...

Old June 14th 06, 07:59 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Some Real Jeeps come stock with a V6:
http://www.billhughes.com/temp/realJeepV6.mpg
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O

Old June 15th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Yes, but that was a very long time ago, and the OP hasn't got one of those.

Old June 29th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys

Hi guys:

Complete rebuilt. He replaced all the "soft" parts. Replaced the
casing, it was cracked. He showed it to me. It's purring like a kitten
now.

$1900.00 + tax.

Cottman TRansmission, Freehold, NJ.

Thanks all for inputs.