Center console light failure in 156

Old November 21st 04, 10:29 PM
Lars Holst

Default Center console light failure in 156

Hi.

I got a 156 1.8 ts SW from y. 2000
Yesterday i discovered that the cigarette lighter plug in the trunk was not
working.
Later same day I found that background light in the temperature knob and in
the air direction knob was out of order.

Can anyone say if that might be the same fuse or maybe more fuses?
And can anyone say what fusebox?

I just got the car and the litterature is missing.

Gotta get that from some Alfa dealer nearby..........soon.

Another question is about the key code.
Is it possible to get the code (the one you keep at home) from the Alfa
dealer? If confirmed, what info is needed?

--
Lars Holst
Old November 21st 04, 10:51 PM
Lars Holst

Lars Holst > said in
:

> Hi.
>
> I got a 156 1.8 ts SW from y. 2000
> Yesterday i discovered that the cigarette lighter plug in the trunk
> was not working.
> Later same day I found that background light in the temperature knob
> and in the air direction knob was out of order.
>
> Can anyone say if that might be the same fuse or maybe more fuses?
> And can anyone say what fusebox?
>
> I just got the car and the litterature is missing.
>
> Gotta get that from some Alfa dealer nearby..........soon.
>
> Another question is about the key code.
> Is it possible to get the code (the one you keep at home) from the
> Alfa dealer? If confirmed, what info is needed?

Or maybe it is just the bulbs in the knobs and the thermal fuse in the plug
in the trunk?

Can anyone confirm that?

--
Lars Holst
Old November 21st 04, 11:52 PM
Alfistagj

Lighter plug in the SW's trunk is only powered with the ignition key in the
"MAR" position.
The fuse is 20A and is located in the top of the front dashbord (glove)
compartment (carefully take out the small lid)

All lights in the switches are fused with one (!!) 10A fuse
The fuse is located in the main fuse compartment left right under the
steering wheel, but not in the 15 main fuses, but in the separate 10 fuses
above it!!
They are numbered and located as follows
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
10
It is fuse #8, so the middle one on the bottom row.
However, if the other knob control light work, I guess the bulbs are
defective.

You can get your key code at any official Alfa dealer as long as you can
proove it's your car (id and official car papers)

Good luck
--
Ciao from Holland
AlfistaGJ (Gert-Jan)

"Lars Holst" > schreef in bericht
.. .

Old November 22nd 04, 05:32 AM
Lars Holst

"Alfistagj" > said in
:

> Lighter plug in the SW's trunk is only powered with the ignition key
> in the "MAR" position.
> The fuse is 20A and is located in the top of the front dashbord
> (glove) compartment (carefully take out the small lid)
>
> All lights in the switches are fused with one (!!) 10A fuse
> The fuse is located in the main fuse compartment left right under the
> steering wheel, but not in the 15 main fuses, but in the separate 10
> fuses above it!!
> They are numbered and located as follows
> 1 2 3
> 4 5 6
> 7 8 9
> 10
> It is fuse #8, so the middle one on the bottom row.
> However, if the other knob control light work, I guess the bulbs are
> defective.
>
> You can get your key code at any official Alfa dealer as long as you
> can proove it's your car (id and official car papers)
>
> Good luck

Thanks a lot.
I will try the fuse change later this afternoon and report back if it
worked.
Have a nice day.

--
Lars Holst