98 GRAND CHEROKEE BATTERY BEING DRAINED

Old May 9th 05, 05:18 AM
Dick

Well Matt
Sorry that I have only been an operations director at several
aerospace firms, including General Dynamics and Litton, which included
responsibility for test and calibration labs. Apparently, my
aerospace experience doesn't match your education. Oh, did I mention
that early in my quality engineering career I performed product audits
on spacecraft that landed on the moon? With that background, how
could I possibly know anything about something as simple as a
lead-acid battery?

If you want to learn something, instead of just arguing, pay attention
to the post by DougW above. Pay particular attention to the discharge
curves which show clearly that battery voltage DROPS as it discharges.

Dick

Old May 9th 05, 10:11 PM
JEEPR

Well Dick

As I said I have no intentions of flaming any one, I'm just talking from
first hand experience. If sitting in an office as a director gives you
first hand knowledge than good for you.
Really can't top a trip to the moon Cliff yer I mean Dick.
I only started the thread looking for some help, and you sure have offered
up quite a bit so I want to say thanks for all your insight.
I'll be starting a new thread on the electrical problem be looking for your
comments.

--

Matt
0|||||||0

Old May 10th 05, 12:14 AM
Billy Ray

AutoZone and Advance Auto Parts will check your battery and charging system
for free. You just need to ask..

Old May 10th 05, 01:01 AM
Dick

On Mon, 9 May 2005 17:11:47 -0400, "JEEPR" >
wrote:

>Well Dick
>
>As I said I have no intentions of flaming any one, I'm just talking from
>first hand experience. If sitting in an office as a director gives you
>first hand knowledge than good for you.
>Really can't top a trip to the moon Cliff yer I mean Dick.
>I only started the thread looking for some help, and you sure have offered
>up quite a bit so I want to say thanks for all your insight.
>I'll be starting a new thread on the electrical problem be looking for your
>comments.

Being a supervisor/manager/director is not all sitting in offices.
For example, when I set up a calibration laboratory in one of my
facilities which would be traceable to the then National Bureau of
Standards, I did it all. Determined the equipment required, helped
install it and trained the technicians. As a quality assurance
manager I wrote all the procedures for the q.a. manual. When problems
developed in customer's products for a commercial company, it was me
that went out into the field with equipment to do the repairs. I
didn't start out as a director. I worked my way up the hard way
getting my hands very dirty along the way. I did most of it with only
a high school education, which included becoming a rated, flying
officer in the Air Force. I didn't graduate from college until I was
41. It is also very difficult to be a good director of anything
unless you already know a lot about it.

I am only trying to help someone who has asked for help. I worked for
40 years before I retired, and I enjoy passing on what I have learned
along the way to others who may not have had the experience or
education that I have been exposed to in my career. I can't force
anyone to accept help.

Dick
Old May 10th 05, 02:10 AM
mic canic

the acceptable spec for a draw on a grnd is .035 volts any mnore thatn
that can kill a battery

Old May 11th 05, 04:51 PM
Mike Romain

'They' made a whole mess of computer chips that will blow up with that
meter Bill. 'They' decided you need a DMM (digital multimeter) to work
on the new electronics.

Mike
88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's

Old May 11th 05, 08:20 PM
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

You do see the nine volt connection is being made through my
finger? Like when I testing auto parts I have to be careful my dick's
not toughing the fender.
God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old May 11th 05, 08:51 PM
Snow

> I don't want to flame anyone or blow my own horn, but I have had education
> in power distribution for aircraft and lead acid battery maintenance was
> part of it so I know what I talking about.

Lead acid in aircraft must be light aircraft, all big boys have nicad's.

Snow...

Old May 11th 05, 08:55 PM
Mike Romain

Damn, just 'beered' another keyboard....

LOL!

Mike

Old May 11th 05, 09:14 PM
John Sevey

Mike Romain > wrote:
> Damn, just 'beered' another keyboard....

Just wait 'till Bill posts a link to a picture...

new alternator - battery light on, but still charging at 16v? [email protected] Technology 8 February 11th 05 11:38 PM
Battery replacement comments and questions Tom's VR6 VW water cooled 1 November 12th 04 07:12 PM
battery question Jim Beaver General 14 November 6th 04 11:54 PM
Alfa Romeo 156 alarm won't turn off problem Alfie Norks Alfa Romeo 14 October 23rd 04 04:33 AM
Dead Battery current leak Jeremy Saturn 3 July 1st 04 07:54 PM