89" Buick LaSabre hood latch doesn't work..

Old July 17th 04, 05:26 PM
Piedmont

Default 89" Buick LaSabre hood latch doesn't work..

Hood latch doesn't work anymore, can't open hood. I looked underneath
and it appears the actual latch is behind a metal plate. How do I fix?,
How do I get hood open?
MAW
Old July 18th 04, 05:17 PM
Dick C

Piedmont wrote in rec.autos.misc

> Hood latch doesn't work anymore, can't open hood. I looked underneath
> and it appears the actual latch is behind a metal plate. How do I fix?,
> How do I get hood open?

The guys on car talk suggested to one woman to take her car in to a
jiffy lube and get the oil changed. They would fix it in order to do
the job.
However, look behind the release lever in the passenger compartment and
see if you can find the cable. If it won't do it, try taking off the front
grill.

--
Dick #1349
~Benjamin Franklin