Need service manual

Old January 14th 05, 10:27 AM
proggy

Default Need service manual

Hi All,
I, have a 1997 Polo 1.9 SDI, I bought it from the dealer, and i didn't get
the service manual.
Can I get it anywhere, like an ebook or something.

Old January 14th 05, 12:34 PM
Joseph Meehan

proggy wrote:
> Hi All,
> I, have a 1997 Polo 1.9 SDI, I bought it from the dealer, and i
> didn't get the service manual.
> Can I get it anywhere, like an ebook or something.

Try

http://www.bentleypublishers.com/

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old January 14th 05, 06:04 PM
Biz

Last I checked new cars do not come with a service manual. If you meant the
owners manual, you can usually order one from any vw dealer...

For service manuals check he

Old January 14th 05, 06:18 PM

Joseph Meehan wrote:
> proggy wrote:
>
>>Hi All,
>>I, have a 1997 Polo 1.9 SDI, I bought it from the dealer, and i
>>didn't get the service manual.
>>Can I get it anywhere, like an ebook or something.

> Try
>
> http://www.bentleypublishers.com/

btw- you mention ebook (etext, etc) I caution that those who have both
used the paper manual and the CD version have been disappointed in the
CD Bentley.

What you might do to save some costs is to scour your local used book
stores and maybe poke around eBay or something.

btw II - You mention buying a Polo from the dealer, but not getting the
service manual. Where I am from a service manual = a Repair Manual,
something to open up the motor and fix what is broken, trace electrical
schematics, etc. In your case I wonder if you are talking about an
Owner's manual ,a very different animal altogether.

The Owner's Manual has instructions on turning knobs on and off and most
importantly the service intervals for your model. Oh, and it's _cheaper_
most of the time.

hth,
TBerk
Old January 14th 05, 07:13 PM
Lee

Try Ebay... theres always a few on there.

-Lee