Honda Accord Problem

Old December 21st 04, 05:14 PM
Trying to Help

Default Honda Accord Problem

(Repost)

Need some advice:

My 91 Accord - Both arrows on my dash board would light up, looking
like hazard signal, when I choose either right/left turn signals. I
checked outside of car, everything is functional and correct. It looks
to only be the instrumentation panel, and could come and go with no
pattern. My long beam indicator would also not come on.

Any ideas?

Old December 22nd 04, 03:50 AM
Arthur Russell

My first thought was that your hazard switch/relay was buggered somehow,
but since the lighting outside the car is correct, and since you have
another instrumentation problem, I would probably start by pulling the
instrument cluster out and inspecting it or the wiring MPC that plugs in to
the back of it.
Cluster: bent/corroded pins? If you dig into it a bit, you could also
inspect the PCB inside of it looking for cracked traces or other corrosion.
MultiPointConnector on wiring: look for corroded contacts, look for any
damage to the wires or the sheathing (harness) that holds the wires in a
bundle.

If you want, email me directly and I'll send you some info on the wiring
schematic (Helm) if it's relevant.

Arthur

P.S. What trim level do you have (DX/LX etc.), is it an auto/manual, 2door
or 4door, or wagon?

Old December 22nd 04, 11:25 PM
Graham W

Trying to Help wrote:
> (Repost)
>
> Need some advice:
>
> My 91 Accord - Both arrows on my dash board would light up, looking
> like hazard signal, when I choose either right/left turn signals. I
> checked outside of car, everything is functional and correct. It looks
> to only be the instrumentation panel, and could come and go with no
> pattern. My long beam indicator would also not come on.

It is probably a lost chassis (return) connection which is common
to both panel lights. The current for (say) left turn can't get to chassis
so it flows up the right turn bulb and into the (not) live side of the
right turn lamps wiring. The very much lower resistance of the 21+ watt
filaments effectively returns the current to chassis without even barely
lighting up.

HTH

Old December 23rd 04, 01:58 AM
Aussierolf

Hi, if both, the high beam and the indicators are on the same stork,
the stork is definetely the problem. Trust me, I am an
auto-electrician.
Aussierolf