Road rage, yet again

Old July 20th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected]

Default Road rage, yet again

So I'm driving down a side street, and a car is stopped behind another
who is having trouble parallel parking. But he had room to swerve
around (43-4 feet) her but chose not to and there was no opposing
traffic. No big deal. But since it was safe for me, I decided to put
on my signal, and go around both of them since there was no opposing
traffic.
What does he DO? HE PUTS ON THE SPEED catches up and starts riding my
ass, and then giving me the finger. So I give it back. HE signals he
wants to fight me. So I oblige. I pull over. What does he do? He
keep on going.
I don't begrudge him for not wanting to fight (I was much bigger than
him). But there is a typical example of someone getting angry because
you showed yourself to be a better, safer and more efficient driver
than him.

Old July 20th 06, 11:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
brink

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> So I'm driving down a side street, and a car is stopped behind another
> who is having trouble parallel parking. But he had room to swerve
> around (43-4 feet) her but chose not to and there was no opposing
> traffic. No big deal. But since it was safe for me, I decided to put
> on my signal, and go around both of them since there was no opposing
> traffic.
> What does he DO? HE PUTS ON THE SPEED catches up and starts riding my
> ass, and then giving me the finger. So I give it back. HE signals he
> wants to fight me. So I oblige. I pull over. What does he do? He
> keep on going.
> I don't begrudge him for not wanting to fight (I was much bigger than
> him). But there is a typical example of someone getting angry because
> you showed yourself to be a better, safer and more efficient driver
> than him.

I'm not sure *why* you would want to oblige some nutcase who wants to fight
you over some perceived slight. I keep them as far away as possible.

brink

Old July 20th 06, 11:55 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected]

brink wrote:
> > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > So I'm driving down a side street, and a car is stopped behind another
> > who is having trouble parallel parking. But he had room to swerve
> > around (43-4 feet) her but chose not to and there was no opposing
> > traffic. No big deal. But since it was safe for me, I decided to put
> > on my signal, and go around both of them since there was no opposing
> > traffic.
> > What does he DO? HE PUTS ON THE SPEED catches up and starts riding my
> > ass, and then giving me the finger. So I give it back. HE signals he
> > wants to fight me. So I oblige. I pull over. What does he do? He
> > keep on going.
> > I don't begrudge him for not wanting to fight (I was much bigger than
> > him). But there is a typical example of someone getting angry because
> > you showed yourself to be a better, safer and more efficient driver
> > than him.

> I'm not sure *why* you would want to oblige some nutcase who wants to fight
> you over some perceived slight. I keep them as far away as possible.

I just hate backingdown when threatened.

So strange in the driving world. If you were standing behind someone,
who was waiting for someone else who had stopped, they wouldn't get mad
for passing them.
But on the road? Yeah, they perceive it as as slight. It's not. Some
people simply are not as efficient as others. But it certainly doesn't
mean I have to wait if there is clear and safe way around them.

Old July 21st 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
N8N

wrote:
> brink wrote:
> > > wrote in message
> > oups.com...
> > > So I'm driving down a side street, and a car is stopped behind another
> > > who is having trouble parallel parking. But he had room to swerve
> > > around (43-4 feet) her but chose not to and there was no opposing
> > > traffic. No big deal. But since it was safe for me, I decided to put
> > > on my signal, and go around both of them since there was no opposing
> > > traffic.
> > > What does he DO? HE PUTS ON THE SPEED catches up and starts riding my
> > > ass, and then giving me the finger. So I give it back. HE signals he
> > > wants to fight me. So I oblige. I pull over. What does he do? He
> > > keep on going.
> > > I don't begrudge him for not wanting to fight (I was much bigger than
> > > him). But there is a typical example of someone getting angry because
> > > you showed yourself to be a better, safer and more efficient driver
> > > than him.

> > I'm not sure *why* you would want to oblige some nutcase who wants to fight
> > you over some perceived slight. I keep them as far away as possible.

> I just hate backingdown when threatened.

And yet when you drive in a MFFY, threatening manner, you accuse those
who don't back down to you of being inconsiderate. A little double
standard going on there, asshole? Why not just **** off until you
mature a little.

love,

nate

Old July 21st 06, 02:43 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected]

N8N wrote:
> wrote:
> > > oups.com...
> > >
> > > I'm not sure *why* you would want to oblige some nutcase who wants to fight
> > > you over some perceived slight. I keep them as far away as possible.

> > I just hate backingdown when threatened.

> And yet when you drive in a MFFY, threatening manner, you accuse those
> who don't back down to you of being inconsiderate. A little double
> standard going on there, asshole? Why not just **** off until you
> mature a little.

Yeah, just like that. It must have been you, you skrawny little chicken
****. Then when I say "Ok, lets go" he runs away. I bet you do that
daily IN YOUR CAR. You do it here online. What a big sign of
maturity.
By the way, no where do I drive in a threatening manner-ever. I show
courtesy on the road. For instance letting people change lanes. How
you conceive that is threatening shows your level of maturity and
retardation.

Old July 21st 06, 05:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
[email protected]

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> "N8N" > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >> I just hate backingdown when threatened.

> >And yet when you drive in a MFFY, threatening manner, you accuse those
> >who don't back down to you of being inconsiderate. A little double
> >standard going on there, asshole? Why not just **** off until you
> >mature a little.

> It appears he hates backing down from a USENET "fight," also.
>
> Some guys just aren't man enough to admit they were wrong.

Projecting again Scott? I admit I'm wrong-often. Clearly you don't.
Like when you refuse to let someone into your lane even though they did
it properly. Talk about road rage and being wrong.

But at least I don't go around trolling USENET to picks fights like you
and N8N (although it seems you two are the same person).

I picture you in a dreary little basement, constantly trying to keep up
with me, frantic-typing with one hand while jerking it with the other.

Or is Nate a real other person and he jerks you instead?

Old August 6th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Nate Nagel

barking pumpkin wrote:
> wrote:
>
>> So I'm driving down a side street, and a car is stopped behind another
>> who is having trouble parallel parking. But he had room to swerve
>> around (43-4 feet) her but chose not to and there was no opposing
>> traffic. No big deal. But since it was safe for me, I decided to put
>> on my signal, and go around both of them since there was no opposing
>> traffic.
>> What does he DO? HE PUTS ON THE SPEED catches up and starts riding my
>> ass, and then giving me the finger. So I give it back. HE signals he
>> wants to fight me. So I oblige. I pull over. What does he do? He
>> keep on going.
>> I don't begrudge him for not wanting to fight (I was much bigger than
>> him). But there is a typical example of someone getting angry because
>> you showed yourself to be a better, safer and more efficient driver
>> than him.
>>

> You are another example of an idiot who should never have been issued a
> driver's license in the first place.

true, but mr. havok falls under the category of "sleeping dogs" for me.
He seems to have finally gotten the hint that he's not welcome, at
least until he's grown a brain, so please to not be poking him.

nate

--
replace "fly" with "com" to reply.
http://home.comcast.net/~njnagel
Old August 9th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
roadrager@#uck#ff.com

On Sat, 05 Aug 2006 15:34:58 -0700, barking pumpkin > wrote:

> So I'm driving down a side street, and a car is stopped behind another
> who is having trouble parallel parking. But he had room to swerve
> around (43-4 feet) her but chose not to and there was no opposing
> traffic. No big deal. But since it was safe for me, I decided to put
> on my signal, and go around both of them since there was no opposing
> traffic.
> What does he DO? HE PUTS ON THE SPEED catches up and starts riding my
> ass, and then giving me the finger. So I give it back. HE signals he
> wants to fight me. So I oblige. I pull over. What does he do? He
> keep on going.
> I don't begrudge him for not wanting to fight (I was much bigger than
> him). But there is a typical example of someone getting angry because
> you showed yourself to be a better, safer and more efficient driver
> than him.

Thats why you should always carry a loaded rifle in your car. I would
have blown out a few tires and windows on that car, then when he
rolled over into a ditch, I would have beat the **** out of him before
tossing his limp body back into his burning car to be incinerated.

The way I look at it, road rage does not end until the son of a bitch
that ****ed me off is in his grave. No one that ****s with me on the
highway ever lives to tell the story.

So far I have put 38 men, and 6 women into their graves, and one still
remains in a coma after 8 years. All were bad drivers who drove
themselves to their demise by ****ing with the wrong person (namely
me).