Is Locksmithing a dead trade for losers?

Old July 19th 06, 06:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Tom The Great

Default Is Locksmithing a dead trade for losers?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:00:25 -0400, dirtbag >
wrote:

>I'm a 55 year old mechanical engineer interested in a retirement career to
>earn a couple of extra bucks.
>I have always been interested in locksmithing and in fact over the years
>have learned how lockas work, how to to pick, code and decode cylinders
>and even pick GM sidebar locks, albeit with variable results. I'm no Hank
>Spicer!!
>
>However, I look at locksmithing in the current times as a dead trade
>inhabited with lower class people who have little skills, love for the
>trade but simple people who want to make a buck.
>
>I went to a trade show last year (MLNJ) and it was filled with smelly,
>slimy, moronic people who claimed to be smiths'.
>
>Seriously the stench in the convention center was so bad I had to walk
>outside every 10 minutes or so to get fresh air.
>
>I also heard from several of the exhibitors there that many items had been
>stolen by attendees.
>
>Pretty sad.
>
>So is this what the trade has become?
>
>Toothless, unclean morons in search of a bar of soap?
>Pretty sad.

Now I understand this is a broad generization, but I have to make the
same, you can make your claims against almost any trade industry. I
worked as a Chimney Sweep in Colorado Springs, for a very highly well
known good company. The average chimney sweep employee was a person
who was only a temp, very dissovled/dirty, or didn't care about the
work they did. Because of this, the company that worked for took the
time to train their employees, only hire good employees, and only
behave professionally. The company is has been recoginized by the BBB
many times with awards, and the local chamber of commerce.

The moral of this story, 99% of the sweeps in Colorado Springs might
be like your 'lock smiths' but because this chimney sweep set itself
apart from the rest, by becoming the best. This has rewarded them
with above average repeate customers, and customers willing to wait a
long time for their expertise. And you can too, in lock smithing if
you were interested.

BTW, as for smelly, go to a computer show. My goodness, those
overweight geeks don't know what a shower is. But still computers
workers are here to stay, for awhile now.

later,

tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

Old July 19th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp,24hoursupport.helpdesk
[email protected]

Tom The Great wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:00:25 -0400, dirtbag >
> wrote:

> BTW, as for smelly, go to a computer show. My goodness, those
> overweight geeks don't know what a shower is. But still computers
> workers are here to stay, for awhile now.

OMG that is so true. The last time I went to one of those (almost 4
yrs ago) I felt embarassed to be there. The deals aren't great and the
smell is horrifying...

Old July 19th 06, 07:00 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp,24hoursupport.helpdesk
'Key

Default Is Locksmithing a dead trade for losers? / attn "Tom The Great"

"Tom The Great" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 23:00:25 -0400, dirtbag
> >
> wrote:
>
>>I'm a 55 year old mechanical engineer interested in a
>>retirement career to
>>earn a couple of extra bucks.
>>I have always been interested in locksmithing and in fact
>>over the years
>>have learned how lockas work, how to to pick, code and
>>decode cylinders
>>and even pick GM sidebar locks, albeit with variable
>>results. I'm no Hank
>>Spicer!!
>>
>>However, I look at locksmithing in the current times as a
>>dead trade
>>inhabited with lower class people who have little skills,
>>love for the
>>trade but simple people who want to make a buck.
>>
>>I went to a trade show last year (MLNJ) and it was filled
>>with smelly,
>>slimy, moronic people who claimed to be smiths'.
>>
>>Seriously the stench in the convention center was so bad I
>>had to walk
>>outside every 10 minutes or so to get fresh air.
>>
>>I also heard from several of the exhibitors there that
>>many items had been
>>stolen by attendees.
>>
>>Pretty sad.
>>
>>So is this what the trade has become?
>>
>>Toothless, unclean morons in search of a bar of soap?
>>Pretty sad.
>>

> Now I understand this is a broad generization, but I have
> to make the
> same, you can make your claims against almost any trade
> industry. I
> worked as a Chimney Sweep in Colorado Springs, for a very
> highly well
> known good company. The average chimney sweep employee
> was a person
> who was only a temp, very dissovled/dirty, or didn't care
> about the
> work they did. Because of this, the company that worked
> for took the
> time to train their employees, only hire good employees,
> and only
> behave professionally. The company is has been
> recoginized by the BBB
> many times with awards, and the local chamber of commerce.
>
> The moral of this story, 99% of the sweeps in Colorado
> Springs might
> be like your 'lock smiths' but because this chimney sweep
> set itself
> apart from the rest, by becoming the best. This has
> rewarded them
> with above average repeate customers, and customers
> willing to wait a
> long time for their expertise. And you can too, in lock
> smithing if
> you were interested.
>
> BTW, as for smelly, go to a computer show. My goodness,
> those
> overweight geeks don't know what a shower is. But
> still computers
> workers are here to stay, for awhile now.
>
> later,
>
> tom @ www.NoCostAds.com

though you are correct, the OP is just a troll.
why respond to him at all ?
doesn't even deserve a response.
why cross-post your response to groups that really don't
care
about the trolls posting to begin with ?

this is cross-posted just to find you "Tom The Great" .
I know you are NOT on the locksmith group.

g'day
--
"Key"
=====

Old July 19th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn,alt.locksmithing,alt.home.repair,alt.os.windows-xp,24hoursupport.helpdesk
[email protected]

Tom The Great > wrote:

|>BTW, as for smelly, go to a computer show. My goodness, those
|>overweight geeks don't know what a shower is. But still computers
|>workers are here to stay, for awhile now.

I don't know...
HW-PORN - Girls with Network Equipment. http://hwpr0n.se/

--
http://members.shaw.ca/adamhighstead/ch851227.jpg