Highest-mileage V6 Accords?

Old July 12th 06, 06:14 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Dave Garrett

Default Highest-mileage V6 Accords?

There's been no shortage of reported transmission failures in '98-'02 V6
Accords at criminally low mileages, but at the other extreme, what's the
highest documented mileage that one of these cars has achieved without a
transmission failure? Anyone out there still driving one with the
original transmission and 150-200K+ miles on it with no problems?

Dave

Old July 12th 06, 06:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
TomC

Not me!
My 2000 was replaced at 33,000mi. and now at 77,000mi. it's acting up
again....:-(
TomC

Dave Garrett > wrote in article

Old July 12th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Seth

"Dave Garrett" > wrote in message
> There's been no shortage of reported transmission failures in '98-'02 V6
> Accords at criminally low mileages, but at the other extreme, what's the
> highest documented mileage that one of these cars has achieved without a
> transmission failure? Anyone out there still driving one with the
> original transmission and 150-200K+ miles on it with no problems?

I'm on the original transmission at 160K miles on my '01 EX/V6.

Old July 13th 06, 08:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
FunkyKev

1998 EX-V6 here. 192k. No failures per se. No problems. No
maintenance other than fluid changes. But over the last 30k it is well
into the old stages where it can shift harshly from 1st to 2nd or when
slowing (10-15mph) and then speeding up, if you put your foot down a
bit it will slam-bonk down into 1st or 2nd. And I've had a super light
buzzing sound in OD ever since I got the car at 82k. And here's the
kicker: I got it at 82k and it now has 192k...at LEAST 45k of that is
pizza delivery milage. I really becomes a matter of knowing how to
drive it. Also, the upper gears seem fine. Just I guess I just have
old-age clutch wear and clumsy shifting. Same thing happened to my 89
SE-i except that it ate itself as i tried to keep the ice cream man off
my ass. True story. :-)

Kevin