Left foot braking

Old July 12th 06, 06:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Stefanel1

Default Left foot braking

To brake with the left foot seems very dangerous, overall if you are
used to drive a manual car. Personnaly, I don't support automatic cars,
so I won't have to ask me the question. But when I drive it (ultimately
in Canada, a Pontiac G6), I brake with the right one. Because if I did
use the left foot, I wouldn't be able to control enought the force (the
force to push the clutch is far more bigger than for the brakes).

I had an other question, for those who have manual cars, I noticed in
North America (but it's maybe some exceptions) that people never use
"engine brakes", I mean that people will put a gear when they need
power and then.... push the clutch ! It seems dangerous (unless you
drive slowly) and not very normal. Your opinions ?

--
Stefanel1
Stefanel1's Profile: http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...p?userid=31045

http://www.automotiveforums.com

Old July 12th 06, 06:50 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
gpsman

Stefanel1 wrote:
> To brake with the left foot seems very dangerous, overall if you are
> used to drive a manual car. Personnaly, I don't support automatic cars,
> so I won't have to ask me the question. But when I drive it (ultimately
> in Canada, a Pontiac G6), I brake with the right one. Because if I did
> use the left foot, I wouldn't be able to control enought the force (the
> force to push the clutch is far more bigger than for the brakes).
>
> I had an other question, for those who have manual cars, I noticed in
> North America (but it's maybe some exceptions) that people never use
> "engine brakes", I mean that people will put a gear when they need
> power and then.... push the clutch ! It seems dangerous (unless you
> drive slowly) and not very normal. Your opinions ?

You shouldn't post while drunk.

If you ask yourself any questions, find someone else to answer them.
-----

- gpsman

Old September 11th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Stefanel1 wrote:

[snip]

> I had an other question, for those who have manual cars, I noticed in
> North America (but it's maybe some exceptions) that people never use
> "engine brakes", I mean that people will put a gear when they need
> power and then.... push the clutch ! It seems dangerous (unless you
> drive slowly) and not very normal. Your opinions ?

How can you tell? I mean, for other than vehicles in which you are a
passenger, how do you know when someone is pushing in the clutch? You
may be making a generalization based upon a very small and atypical
sample of drivers.

--
Paul Hovnanian
If the first attempt at making a drawing board had been a failure,