96 a-6 quattro transmission question

Old May 8th 06, 01:42 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Default 96 a-6 quattro transmission question

I just completed a filter and fluid change. used Pentosin ATF1 Now when I
start car up in morning after sitting all night.. It has this cavitation
noise after start up but eventually goes away after it gets warm.. Car
shifts fine etc.. any ideas on this. I have rechecked fluid level after it
has warmed up and it is full..??

Old May 9th 06, 02:23 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Rob Alward wrote:
> I just completed a filter and fluid change. used Pentosin ATF1 Now when I
> start car up in morning after sitting all night.. It has this cavitation
> noise after start up but eventually goes away after it gets warm.. Car
> shifts fine etc.. any ideas on this. I have rechecked fluid level after it
> has warmed up and it is full..??

I didn't think they had a level checking dip stick. Requires VAG system to
interrogate the trans to see if level is OK.

If this is the case you may be low on fluid.
Old June 1st 06, 03:33 AM posted to alt.autos.audi

Found my own problem.. car has to be running and warm when the final check
for level is done. Car now shifts really smooth and no hesitation in lower
gears.
"Rob Alward" > wrote in message
>I just completed a filter and fluid change. used Pentosin ATF1 Now when I
>start car up in morning after sitting all night.. It has this cavitation
>noise after start up but eventually goes away after it gets warm.. Car
>shifts fine etc.. any ideas on this. I have rechecked fluid level after
>it has warmed up and it is full..??

Transmission Problem? ozymandias Technology 1 January 9th 06 04:10 PM
02' 1.8T Manual quattro..when to change the transmission and reardiff oil ? phil Audi 1 September 25th 05 07:49 PM
Caravan transmission question Rob Chrysler 17 February 25th 05 01:12 AM
Transmission question Rob Honda 3 February 2nd 05 06:37 AM
1986 VW Quantum Automatic Transmission Question Lee VW water cooled 1 January 26th 05 03:51 PM