Problem with Dogfaced Puffer

Old February 28th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc

Default Problem with Dogfaced Puffer

A recently purchased a medium sized Dogface Puffer. It has been in the tank
with three other puffers for about a week now with no problems.
This morning the puffer was puffed up to at least three times it's normal
size. The fish stayed that size for four hours and now has gradually started
expelling the water. Is this a normal thing or is it something I should be
concerned with?

Thanks in advance,

Frey

Old March 1st 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc

Sounds like something ticked it off real good....perhaps it got
sucked into a filter intake, or another inhabitant was tormenting
it....watch closely. Are you sure everyone else is o.k.?

Old March 2nd 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc

Sorry to say that this morning I found that the Dogface Puffer had died
durring the night. I wish I knew what the problem was. All the other
inhabitants are doing well, which is good. Oh well such is life......

Frey

Old March 2nd 06, 02:33 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc

Over the last 20 years of fishkeeping, both salt and fresh, I have
had many fish die for no apparent reason; tank full of healthy
co-inhabitants, water params great, etc......quite frustrating.

Another snail problem me Cichlids 1 July 7th 04 07:03 PM
Dwarf Puffer John General 12 May 2nd 04 08:13 AM
Livebearer problem JHudson General 6 December 10th 03 08:14 PM
Eheim Ecco Problem - Need Urgent Help! Kristen Marketplace 0 October 27th 03 09:56 PM
Eheim Ecco Problem - Need Urgent Help! Kristen General 0 October 27th 03 09:56 PM