Dundrod - An Appreciation

Old October 21st 04, 07:52 PM
JP

Greg Campbell > wrote in message
news:KpTdd.35731$bk1.25388@fed1read05...
> JP wrote:
>
> > Then I guess you won't see this either......sniff, sniff. How can I

go on
> > ?

> Don't 'go on', just go away.
>

> > Anyway Chad, after his making an ass of himself after the Pits track
> > release, and as usual, never admitting he was wrong, any time he posts

more
> > of his " hey everyone look at me " crusade/diatribes, oh well.

> Dude, you might try being decent to others for a change. As of now, you
> really are a sad little puppy.
>
> -Greg

No, I'm decent to those that deserve it. Guess where you fit in ?

p.s. a sure sign of a loser; one older than 13, who still uses the word
dude.

Old October 22nd 04, 12:33 PM
Malc

"JP" > wrote in message

> Lol, I "gave it a rest" posts ago Malc. Note the authors of the

others.
> And if you don't like what I post, don't read it. It is public ng,

remember
> ? Go to moderated one if you only like those with similiar opinions.

Once again you demonstrate a less than complete understanding of the
post to which you reply JP, I am trying to give you some much needed
advice.

I'm quite happy to have people disagree with me, and it's not that often
that they do on subjective issues, but what I am suggesting you do is to
give your opinion (as you so frequently do already) but also to give
some explanation as to why you believe your opinion is the right one.
You may still be wrong, only time will tell, but people will have more
respect for your opinion if you can back it up.

By & large RAS is one of the most friendly newsgroups I've seen, and I'd
like to help it stay that way. You will get a better response if you
think about your posts a bit more before clicking 'submit'. Maybe it
would help if you compare a newsgroup to a school playground. Act like a
fool & people will ignore you or call you a fool, be helpful & friendly
and people will be friendly & helpful back to you. It's really not all
that hard if you think about it ;-)

Malc.

Old October 22nd 04, 02:48 PM
JP

Malc > wrote in message
> "JP" > wrote in message
>
> > Lol, I "gave it a rest" posts ago Malc. Note the authors of the

> others.
> > And if you don't like what I post, don't read it. It is public ng,

> remember
> > ? Go to moderated one if you only like those with similiar opinions.

> Once again you demonstrate a less than complete understanding of the
> post to which you reply JP, I am trying to give you some much needed
> advice.
>
> I'm quite happy to have people disagree with me, and it's not that often
> that they do on subjective issues, but what I am suggesting you do is to
> give your opinion (as you so frequently do already) but also to give
> some explanation as to why you believe your opinion is the right one.
> You may still be wrong, only time will tell, but people will have more
> respect for your opinion if you can back it up.
>
> By & large RAS is one of the most friendly newsgroups I've seen, and I'd
> like to help it stay that way. You will get a better response if you
> think about your posts a bit more before clicking 'submit'. Maybe it
> would help if you compare a newsgroup to a school playground. Act like a
> fool & people will ignore you or call you a fool, be helpful & friendly
> and people will be friendly & helpful back to you. It's really not all
> that hard if you think about it ;-)
>
> Malc.

Thanks for the tips, but fwiw, I've been around ng's, etc., for years now.
In terms of whether my opinion is right and whether others think so, I
really couldn't care less if they do or not. It's just an opinion, on a ng;
just like anyone elses.
I have no interest in trying to "convert" or prove that my opinion is
right, to someone, on x subject. If they agree fine, if not, who cares.

Old October 22nd 04, 10:04 PM
Malc

"JP" > wrote in message

> Thanks for the tips, but fwiw, I've been around ng's, etc., for

years now.
> In terms of whether my opinion is right and whether others think so, I
> really couldn't care less if they do or not. It's just an opinion, on

a ng;
> just like anyone elses.
> I have no interest in trying to "convert" or prove that my opinion

is
> right, to someone, on x subject. If they agree fine, if not, who

cares.

Okay bye.

Malc.

Old October 22nd 04, 10:15 PM
Robert Gravel

Nice write up.

Thanks Steve.

Old October 23rd 04, 09:24 AM
Mark Davisons

"JP" > wrote in message
> <laughter>
>
> Can you even see from that horse ?
>
> I just hope someday I can be as worthy as yourself oh majestic one.

You ain't got a chance.

Old October 23rd 04, 12:15 PM
JP

Mark Davisons > wrote in message

> "JP" > wrote in message
> > <laughter>
> >
> > Can you even see from that horse ?
> >
> > I just hope someday I can be as worthy as yourself oh majestic one.

> You ain't got a chance.

You're right; I'd have to take steps backwards.

Old October 23rd 04, 01:35 PM
Mark Davisons

> > You ain't got a chance.

> You're right; I'd have to take steps backwards.

And you've got balance issues that prevent that, right?

Old October 23rd 04, 02:44 PM
JP

Mark Davisons > wrote in message

> > > You ain't got a chance.

> > You're right; I'd have to take steps backwards.

> And you've got balance issues that prevent that, right?

Not at all. You ? Silly question; the answer is obvious.

Old October 24th 04, 03:40 PM
Steve Smith

In my commentary on Jim Pearson's wonderful recreation of the historic
Dundrod circuit, I noted the startling discrepancy between Jim's lap time in
the included replay (3:28) and Stirling Moss' best lap lap in the
Mercedes-Benz 300SLR (4:48) in the '55 Tourist Trophy. (According to
Guinness, Mike Hawthorn holds the absolute sports-car record at 4:42 in a
D-Type Jag.) By highlighting the difference, I didn't mean to impugn the
accuracy of Jim's version of this circuit - it reeks of veracity. No one
ever got that resonant a "look and feel" without doing his homework.

Rather, I believe the difference can be explained by three factors.

1. The changes to the track between the real-world layout that Moss drove in
'55 and Jim's version, which simulates the layout used from '65 to the
present for motorbike races.

2. The differences between the 300SLR and almost any 1967 Formula 1 machine,
but particularly the Brabham BT24. According to this site:

the 300SLR weighed 1984 lbs. and was powered by a 310-hp straight eight, or
6.4 lbs/hp. The '67 BT24, according to Papy, weighed 1105 lbs. and was