VW welding question

Old December 14th 04, 02:26 AM
Ben Boyle

I agree that the seat rails on these pans normally suck. However, it seems the style that '73-up ones come with are ok.
I didn't reuse my old tracks and the ones on the new pan I put in seem perfectly serviceable.

Old December 14th 04, 04:13 AM
Alan Nelson

I've been putting off starting on the new Baja project, simply because I
really and truly don't want to tackle the heater channels.

But now, the guy who unloaded......errr..... sold it to me has a complete
'63 body with good channels, and no significant rust.

So it looks like I'll be throwing that onto the '70 pan.

Anyone want a '70 rusted out body hulk?

--
Alan Nelson
www.boatcop.com

Old December 14th 04, 11:17 AM
dragenwagen

oh yeah thats right.... i was thinking of the older style seat rails.

--