Looking for reputable Afla garage nr Warrington

Old December 26th 04, 10:08 PM
Carl Farrington

Catman wrote:
> redTed wrote:
>

>> "Spark" > wrote in message
>> . uk...
>>> try www.mangolestsi.com they are warrington ish
>>>

>> Great..thanks. Knutsford is only 10 mins from here.

> Mangoletsi have a great reputation. I've used them for spares many
> times, and they have never screwed me around at all.

I recommend you search this group for the posts from me about 18-20 months
back. £2000 service quote on a 1yr old car. Someone there has since told me
that this particular customer service lady has 'left' though.

Old December 26th 04, 10:10 PM
Carl Farrington

Domestos wrote:
> "redTed" > wrote in message
>> As long as it's not f***ing Caledonia, I'm open to any
>> recommendations. Airbag warning light is on all the time and I can
>> hear a ticking (valves?) on start-up.
>> Caledonia already charged me an exorbitant amount of money to
>> replace the variator and I've sworn never to return
>>

> Interesting you should say that - I had the same problem (Airbag
> warning light), took it to Caledonia in warrington and they did it
> free of charge in 5 minutes! There are loads of dealers with 10 miles
> of Warrington - it depends where you are willing to travel. The GTA
> centre at stockport has never given me any issue's

The light does still come on for a couple of seconds when you turn the
ignition doesn't it? I'm sure they'd fix it properly, it's just that a lot
of MKIV Supras have been found to have had the SRS warning bulb removed,
just because people didn't know how to do the reset (the light can come on
as an indicator that the dash has been taken apart with the ignition turned
to ACC)

Old December 27th 04, 11:53 AM
Catman

Carl Farrington wrote:

> Catman wrote:
>> redTed wrote:
>>

>>> "Spark" > wrote in message
>>> . uk...
>>>>

>>> Great..thanks. Knutsford is only 10 mins from here.

>> Mangoletsi have a great reputation. I've used them for spares many
>> times, and they have never screwed me around at all.

> I recommend you search this group for the posts from me about 18-20 months
> back. £2000 service quote on a 1yr old car. Someone there has since told
> me that this particular customer service lady has 'left' though.

Don't remeber that at all. Still, no-one is perfect
Alfa 116 Giulietta 3.0l (Really) Sprint 1.7 75 2.0 TS
www.cuore-sportivo.co.uk
Old December 27th 04, 12:30 PM
Carl Farrington

Catman wrote:
> Carl Farrington wrote:
>
>> Catman wrote:

>>> Mangoletsi have a great reputation. I've used them for spares many
>>> times, and they have never screwed me around at all.

>> I recommend you search this group for the posts from me about 18-20
>> months back. £2000 service quote on a 1yr old car. Someone there has
>> since told me that this particular customer service lady has 'left'
>> though.

> Don't remeber that at all. Still, no-one is perfect

Apparently my GTV wasn't!!!

Old December 29th 04, 03:33 PM
redTed

> As long as it's not f***ing Caledonia, I'm open to any recommendations.
> Airbag warning light is on all the time and I can hear a ticking (valves?)
> on start-up.
> Caledonia already charged me an exorbitant amount of money to replace the
> variator and I've sworn never to return

Update.
Mangoletsi are now charging 70 per hour for labour. Is this a little OTT ?!

Old December 29th 04, 07:25 PM
Carl Farrington

redTed wrote:
>> As long as it's not f***ing Caledonia, I'm open to any
>> recommendations. Airbag warning light is on all the time and I can
>> hear a ticking (valves?) on start-up.
>> Caledonia already charged me an exorbitant amount of money to
>> replace the variator and I've sworn never to return

> Update.
> Mangoletsi are now charging 70 per hour for labour. Is this a little
> OTT ?!

I'd say so. I stopped taking mine there for warranty work in the end.
I sometimes felt like they were looking down their nose at me, and they
always left things off the list of things to do (they obviously felt they
weren't important).

The last thing that went on my car was the drivers side window regulator, so
I took it to Caledonia in Stockport.