Friend's lionfish is sick - please help!

Old February 22nd 06, 05:01 AM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc

Default Friend's lionfish is sick - please help!

Hi folks, one of my friends asked me for help with her sick lionfish so
I'm posting her questions/concerns here. Thank you very much for your help!

"She hasn`t eaten in like probably more then 2 weeks refuses any food
even live food which I don`t feed her normally but I was trying to
intice her. She has been of late swimming in small circles and now is
doing that upside down. If I sit with her she`ll sit next to me though.
She`s a Momma`s girl. Tonight it looked as though a sore has started on
her lip it wasn`t there this morning."

Additional info: she says it is a Volitan lionfish. The water
parameters are fine. She also recently lost a 3 yr old fuzzy dwarf.

If you have any idea what's wrong and/or can suggest a course of action,
please e-mail me or respond here. Thanks again everybody!

-Matt
Old February 23rd 06, 02:43 PM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc

"Matthew Tulini" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"She hasn`t eaten in like probably more then 2 weeks refuses any
food even live food which I don`t feed her normally but I was
trying to intice her. She has been of late swimming in small
circles and now is doing that upside down. If I sit with her she`ll
sit next to me though. She`s a Momma`s girl. Tonight it looked as
though a sore has started on her lip it wasn`t there this morning."

Additional info: she says it is a Volitan lionfish. The water
parameters are fine. She also recently lost a 3 yr old fuzzy
dwarf.

This isn't enough info. You have no idea how many times I've been
told "water parameters are fine" only to learn that the person's
opinion of "fine" was vastly different thatn mine. The fish *is*
sick, that much is apparent. If you could post the actual water
param, we may be able to do more than guess. I'd start by doing a
large water change, anyway.

Old February 24th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.aquaria.marine.misc

Billy wrote:

This isn't enough info. You have no idea how many times I've been
told "water parameters are fine" only to learn that the person's
opinion of "fine" was vastly different thatn mine. The fish *is*
sick, that much is apparent. If you could post the actual water
param, we may be able to do more than guess. I'd start by doing a
large water change, anyway.

I asked and she responded with the following:

"all ammonia nitate and nitrite is 0. Ph is 8.2 Hardness and alkenlity
are fine. I`m starting to think it`s my neighbors and their damn band
practice!"

Is it possible that loud noise will shake-up a fish? Anyway, she's not
a newbie. She has done water changes. I would believe her when she
says the water params are ok.

-Matt

Sick Blue Dwarf Gourami Klane General 1 October 27th 05 07:21 PM
Spoiler -- my sick cichlid died. coolchinchilla General 3 July 26th 05 04:45 AM
green water - long - sick pond form elaine General 2 July 29th 04 09:31 PM
Considering a Lionfish Mat Recardo General 3 August 30th 03 08:47 AM