Problem with Dodge Caravan 95

Old December 23rd 05, 05:41 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

Default Problem with Dodge Caravan 95

Hi

I've got a dodge caravan 95 s.e 3.6 and about a month ago, I was driving
home, came off at the exit ramp and the car stopped, just shuuded and
stopped...The car would start and then every time you moved it into gear, it
would stop... we managed to get it home (just)... and I would love to get
this car working again its been a good runner.

After looking at it, Ive found that the car will start and as soon as you
put it any gear, it just has a massive shudder and then stops.

Any ideas on what to look for, Ive done the engine test thing with the
display and it says that there is no problems.

Thanks

Old December 23rd 05, 07:23 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"-=The Gaylord=-" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I've got a dodge caravan 95 s.e 3.6 and about a month ago, I was driving
> home, came off at the exit ramp and the car stopped, just shuuded and
> stopped...The car would start and then every time you moved it into gear,

it
> would stop... we managed to get it home (just)... and I would love to get
> this car working again its been a good runner.
>
> After looking at it, Ive found that the car will start and as soon as you
> put it any gear, it just has a massive shudder and then stops.
>
> Any ideas on what to look for, Ive done the engine test thing with the
> display and it says that there is no problems.
>
> Thanks

It sounds as if the torque converter is bad. Does it feel like a manual
transmission when you put it in gear like you are letting the clutch out to
fast? And what engine is in this vehicle?

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old December 23rd 05, 08:05 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

> It sounds as if the torque converter is bad. Does it feel like a manual
> transmission when you put it in gear like you are letting the clutch out
> fast? And what engine is in this vehicle?
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Hi Glenn,

To be honest I never drove before I moved to the states last year from the
UK, and never drove
a car over there.... The engine in the car is a 3.3 SE, someone mentioned to
me it might be the Torque converter,
is that a easy repair or is it going to cost a ton of money to get it fixed,
I have a friend who is really good at fixing
cars but this one has baffled him.

Thanks for the help

Jay

Old December 23rd 05, 09:00 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

"-=The Gaylord=-" > wrote in message
> > It sounds as if the torque converter is bad. Does it feel like a manual
> > transmission when you put it in gear like you are letting the clutch out
> > fast? And what engine is in this vehicle?
> >
> > Glenn Beasley
> > Chrysler Tech
> >

> Hi Glenn,
>
> To be honest I never drove before I moved to the states last year from the
> UK, and never drove
> a car over there.... The engine in the car is a 3.3 SE, someone mentioned

> me it might be the Torque converter,
> is that a easy repair or is it going to cost a ton of money to get it

fixed,
> I have a friend who is really good at fixing
> cars but this one has baffled him.
>
> Thanks for the help
>
> Jay

If it is a torque converter, the trans has to come out to replace it.

Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old December 24th 05, 09:14 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge

,

> If it is a torque converter, the trans has to come out to replace it.
>
> Glenn Beasley
> Chrysler Tech

Someone else mentioned that as well, but my van was working fine and this
just happened, is getting the torque thing worth while, or am i looking at
$thousands$ do you think?

Old December 24th 05, 06:01 PM posted to alt.autos.dodge

its not only worth while its necessary