GM, Ford credit rated junk...R.I.P. Albatross'

Old May 6th 05, 04:09 PM

Default GM, Ford credit rated junk...R.I.P. Albatross'

http://www.freep.com/money/autonews/cuts6e_20050506.htm

The Detroit Free Press spells it out for those who *refused* to listen
before.

The end is near for Ford and GM in America.

I wonder if Chrysler would buy them out...wait, forget that, too much
union labour promises and benefits are like cement shoes on a swimmer.

For the first time ever, more GM, Ford and Chrysler vehicles were made
in Canada than in America.

Besides that, GM's quality ratings on every vehicle except the Cadillac
and Corvette lines are complete CRAP and they look so damn ugly, people
are voting with their wallets.

R.I.P. greedy unions; your cash cows are off to market.

WV

Old May 7th 05, 01:45 AM
Brent P

In article >, John David Galt wrote:

> I agree. Let the UAW go try to organize workers in Shanghai and
> Bangalore -- or even Warsaw -- and see how far they get. Workers over
> there know better than to kill the goose that lays golden eggs. The US
> "working class" will be much sadder before they learn that lesson, but
> learn it they will.

In china there is only one legal labor union and it is controlled by the
communist party. Anyone from the UAW would likely find themselves in prison if
they aren't simply shot on the spot.

Old May 7th 05, 04:06 AM
John Harlow

> In china there is only one legal labor union and it is controlled by
> the communist party. Anyone from the UAW would likely find themselves
> in prison...

....at which point they'd be put right back on the assembly line

Old May 11th 05, 06:27 PM
The Office Jet

This obviously has something to do with the sales reports that came out
recently. Has Ford or GM put out any cars recently that have been big
hits on the market? I know Diamler-Chrysler had some hits over the
last year and should again have one with the upcoming release of the
Charger. I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Old May 12th 05, 01:38 AM
James C. Reeves

"The Office Jet" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> This obviously has something to do with the sales reports that came out
> recently. Has Ford or GM put out any cars recently that have been big
> hits on the market? I know Diamler-Chrysler had some hits over the
> last year and should again have one with the upcoming release of the
> Charger. I wonder if this has anything to do with it.

Ford's new Mustang is doing well I hear. Their new "500" not so well. GM
is doing better with the Cadillac's, but not well enough. GM's other "new"
lines seem to all be a flop.